HTC One Battery Major Drain

Felix82

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I got a HTC one a little over a month and a half ago and battery seemed normal, then all of a sudden it started showing high Android System useage and it drained pretty quick. Then an update came through and all seemed to work well. But now in the past couple days when I charge my phone within 40 min or less it drops 10% battery and im not even using it. I even took it to an att store today to have them look at it and nothing inside was wrong. They said an update was available so i had em reboot it with the new update and I take it home and charge it and when its done, within 48 min it drops to 86%. There has to be something going on. Any help?

Felix82

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Ty, and i did do that after your post and it seems to be a bit better. But im going to let it go down to the normal % I let it go before I charge it and see how its going after that. So probably tomorrow night or fri afternoon ish.

Also I believe I have the M7, i dont have an M8 so im assuming it must be.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The 1st generation One is the M7, and the 2nd generation One is the M8 (which just came out earlier this year).

charlesspivak1

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Felix I'm curious to know if this works. I'm having similar troubles with battery drain, and have done other checks to make sure it's not a rogue app. This is the last thing I might try, as I really don't want to have to do a hard reset.

Posted via Android Central App

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
On the M7, go to settings, Battery Manager, Usage, and that should show what is using the most power. Screen ON time has a lot to do with it. During the day, double click on the home screen and it will show all the recently opened apps. Flick them off one by one, or with the latest software update, there is a button on the top to turn them all off. Go into the settings for apps like weather and make sure they only update when opened, not constantly or on a schedule. Go to the Google Play Store and set it to update manually only (and then remember to check for updates occasionally, while in WiFi). Keep GPS off unless the app needs it, like Maps or Waze. Turn the brightness down or on auto, but don't leave it on full brightness.
There are a couple of things you can't do much about. If you are in an area with a weak signal, the phone is putting out more power to communicate with the nearest tower. If you are roaming (which is not very common anymore), the phone is constantly looking for native coverage.
Other than that, the biggest battery drain is the user and the amount of time the screen is on.
HTH

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch