Email auto fill address

jbauern

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Good Day. I have a situation with the email program on my HTC ONE ( m7) . I have changed internet providers, so when i go to send my self an email ( browser links, etc), my two previous accounts appear for the "auto-fill". The same if i type my wife's email address in, also, it pops up with the old email address. I am using the app for OUTLOOK, but it also was doing it for the other program that i had installed. I looked thru my contacts, and there is nothing there with the old email address. It's just a nuisance thing, but other than the mail issue with it showing our old email email address' the phone works fine.

I was wondering if some one may give me an idea on where to start, please, to remove the old email address'.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
The phone will merge contacts and add addresses as you send emails to them.

Go to the People app, select the contact (yourself, for example) that has the no longer valid email addresses, select the three dot menu, then "Edit contact" and remove the address you don't want anymore.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It's not in Settings. It's an app on your phone called People.

View the grid of all apps by clicking the square grid above the HTC logo. Click the magnifying glass, type people.

jbauern

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I did as you suggested, and PEOPLE did not come up on the search. My phone has KITKAT and the carrier is ATT. i looked thru my mail, and other places, and still nothing.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Mine is an HTC factory unlocked model so AT&T might have changed the name. It could be called contacts address book or something like that.

You can get there through the Phone app as well. Open the phone and scroll two screens right (it should go Phone, Favorites and then Contacts/People).

The idea is the same no matter what its' called. The data is stored in the device's contacts, not in the email application.

jbauern

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
I looked thru my contacts. Deleted own name. It still comes up with mine and my wifes emails. I am pretty literate as far as computers, and what my phone does, but the name thing has me stumped.