Is it now safe to update to Lollipop?

JustinianVI

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
As the title says. It's been some months now since lollipop came out, but I'm still running KitKat. I am reluctant to upgrade to lollipop because I had a Nexus 7 which was almost bricked. I had to flash kitkat back on it in order to get it to work again. I've heard about how people have had similar problems with lag and battery drain on the m7 because of lollipop.

So, is it safe?

robertjm

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a Lollipop rom for about two weeks, or so. Perhaps a little battery loss, though I'm not sure as I haven't reviewed everything that's running in the background. No real lag that I notice. Running Santod040's GPE custom ROM.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

fryerlawrence

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
i HATE Lollipop with such a passion that I would love to take my phone and skip it across the water a few times and then watch it drown a very slow and painful death.

The f'n "Super Genius" (reference to Loony Tunes Wile E. Coyote... well because he is NOT a genius) engineers or the powers that be I think do not actually use the phone that we use. Because they have taken a LOT of liberty to take away things without giving us the options to put stuff back the way it is.

For example, the Menu screens. ALL WHITE. Especially on the messaging screens. I DON'T like that ONE BIT. I liked the dark theme because you can actually read it somewhat better in the light (I think so anyway) if you have the slider bar all the way up. Next example is the battery. We were already trying to squeeze the life out of the dang thing. Now it is like being underwater. You're doing fine as long as you have just held your breath... but what happens when you start to run out of breath? You try to get some air.

I could be here all day... but those are my biggies.

-fryer

JustinianVI

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you both for your responses.

That's just the thing; I hear of some people who are fine with it and then some people who hate it. For me the biggest concern is whether it would make my battery even worse. At the moment, my battery life is not that great. I usually have to charge it after 13 hours or so.

Other than that, I'm happy with kitkat. The only reason I would go to lollipop is because it's supposedly more secure.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I am still running KK on my M7. No way I will ever downgrade it to LP. My phone works perfect just the way it is. Now the crappy Sprint data network is another thing.