Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

Default Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)

I am a bit surprised BUT Spigen actually has a pretty nice looking case up for the HTC One2 M8 on their site and the apline green looks pretty good.
    HTC One 2 Case Slim Armor - HTC - Brands | Spigen

Screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)-new_htc_one_case_sa_black_1.jpg   Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)-new_htc_one_case_sa_green_1.jpg   Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)-new_htc_one_case_sa_slate_1.jpg   Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)-new_htc_one_case_sa_gold_1.jpg   Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)-new_htc_one_case_sa_silver_1.jpg  

Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One2 (M8)

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor007 View Post
    I am a bit surprised BUT Spigen actually has a pretty nice looking case up for the HTC One2 M8 on their site and the apline green looks pretty good.
    HTC One 2 Case Slim Armor - HTC - Brands | Spigen

Screenshots.
    Thanks! I'm actually thinking about going with this or the GPE version once it's released for my next phone. This is my favorite case.

Wow, that green is hot!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Just noticed this is funny. Read the product details.. "The case fits precisely onto the Galaxy S5 for a natural and sleek look, and the speaker opening is specifically designed to fully utilize the speaker without reducing sound quality."

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
    Current Device(s):
    Motorola Xoom - Team EOS 4
    Verizon HTC One M8 - Stock, Firewater S-Off

They look nice and definitely are good for people who need to protect their phones. But for me personally, as someone who has never had an issue with protecting my phone without cases, I can't see covering up a beautiful phone with one of these; though some people might find this to look better, I guess.
    scorpiodsu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by likebutta View Post
    They look nice and definitely are good for people who need to protect their phones. But for me personally, as someone who has never had an issue with protecting my phone without cases, I can't see covering up a beautiful phone with one of these; though some people might find this to look better, I guess.
    All it takes is one (accidental) drop to crack your screen. I'd rather take my chances with a case.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    All it takes is one (accidental) drop to crack your screen. I'd rather take my chances with a case.
    Yea, I know. I'm not saying I'm immune to it happening but in the 10 years I've had cellphones, I've only accidentally dropped a phone once (my HTC G1) ( ** knock on wood** ) and it survived. I used to be a screen protector guy too but I've gotten myself off that.

But these cases are a nice option for those who need it.
    GrooveRite likes this.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    5,220 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock .4.1.1

I prefer cases for added protection so long as they don't add bulk. I Just wish the M8 had a swappable battery that to me is the one thing I wanted (in addition to the microSD they added)

that first black on black case is kickass.

I'm hoping this case doesn't interfere with the flash like some others do. I thought I read somewhere that this case for the S4 does interfere with the flash.

if this device is shipping tuesday why does the spiegen site claim the cases wont be available until mid april?

Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    if this device is shipping tuesday why does the spiegen site claim the cases wont be available until mid april?
    Spigen probably didn't get the memo lol. Though most likely HTC wanted a few weeks to themselves to sell the "official" accessories

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    I just think Spigen just doesn't give a **** lol. I mean, the phone isn't even announced but they are willing to price and show off their cases a week before.

It looks like this case covers the IR port in the power button. Can anyone tell for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    It looks like this case covers the IR port in the power button. Can anyone tell for sure?
    Definitely looks that way. I've got the GPE M8 on order, so it shouldn't be an issue for me. I'm sure they'll get a ton of complaints and they'll release an updated version down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    thats what HTC Advantage is for they fix the phone if you break the glass for free and you can always buy extra coverage. I have done with all of my phones iPhones applecare and HTC phones Advantage through HTC never had any issues if anything was my fault.
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
    Kevin O'Quinn likes this.

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

That is the case that im going to be getting. That and the glass screen protector.
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

Default Re: Spigen Slim Armor for the HTC One (M8)

Well this is disappointing.

Thank you for contacting Spigen Support.
    I am happy to assist you with your questions.

The Slim Armor case for the HTC One 2014 (M8) is specifically designed to protect the device at all angles.
    It does have perfect cutouts for the camera, speakers and other ports.
    Unfortunately, it does not have the cut out for the IR port. However, it should not interfere with the function of the phone.

If you do run into issues with this, please feel free to contact us. We will be glad to assist you with it further.
    Thank you for your interest and support in Spigen!
    Have a wonderful day
    Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    585 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted 4.0.4

Ehh the loss of the IR blaster isnt a big deal for me. Love the gunmetal color!!
    Phone - HTC One / Galaxy S3 w/CM10
    Tablet - Nexus 7 2013

Cover the IR blaster, just give me this case in RED!! lol
    pheatton likes this.

I've got a cheapo Caseformers hybrid thing on right now. Power button is covered by the rubber inner layer, but IR blaster still works. Hope that's also true for the Spigen, because it looks pretty badass.

The last time I tried one they were pretty slippery. How's the grip?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Did anyone get a Spigen case? If so, I'm curious about the grip.

Quote Originally Posted by csleverette View Post
    Did anyone get a Spigen case? If so, I'm curious about the grip.

I believe different colors have a different feel. I have one on my Nexus 5 in black and it has almost a soft touch feel to it, slightly grippy. I've heard that the metal slate color has a matte finish that is slightly slick. I don't know about the other colors. I really like their cases and will probably get one for my M8 at some point. If i do, I'll probably go with the black since it has a more grippy feel to it based on my experience with the Nexus case. Just checked their website and the black is showing mid April availability.

The green one and the gun metal have my interests currently. I had a white one on my S3 a couple of years back and it was quite slippery.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast