Any way to root on phone?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm on vacation right now and don't have access to my computer, is there any way to root on the actual device? This is probably a long shot, just figured I'd ask.

Posted via Android Central App

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I remember hearing about some apps (don't remember their names) a while back but I honestly wouldn't trust them to root my phone. Call me nervous but what if something happens to the phone after it roots?

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I remember hearing about some apps (don't remember their names) a while back but I honestly wouldn't trust them to root my phone. Call me nervous but what if something happens to the phone after it roots?

Yea those are my concerns as well, I was just curious if it even existed. I know there is, or was at least, a mobile version of Odin to flash custom roms but it only worked on Samsung devices.

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on vacation right now and don't have access to my computer, is there any way to root on the actual device? This is probably a long shot, just figured I'd ask.

WeakSauce is what you're looking for. It works, and is the key to completely unlocking your phone (required to initiate the next step, Firewater . . . S-OFF and unlocked boot loader).

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
WeakSauce is what you're looking for. It works, and is the key to completely unlocking your phone (required to initiate the next step, Firewater . . . S-OFF and unlocked boot loader).

Have you used this? I'm on AT&T, does that matter? Really intrigued by this. It appears to be a temp root that will re-root upon reboot? Is that correct? Thanks for your reply

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Yea those are my concerns as well, I was just curious if it even existed. I know there is, or was at least, a mobile version of Odin to flash custom roms but it only worked on Samsung devices.

I used Mobile Odin back when I had the Epic 4G Touch. It was great for flashing ROMs but I rooted using a computer.

Sent from my Note 3 in Hyperdrive

anon(368121)

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Crap, sorry, didn't notice you were on AT&T. You can unlock the bootloader through HTCDev, then install a new ROM with root access or just SuperSU if you'd prefer to remain stock. There's a decent step-by-step video here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez