HTC One M8 (VZW) Stuck in Bootloop/Fastboot

Ben Chardell

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

Long story short, I'm an *****. I tried to install Android Revolution HD using the wrong firmware. I'm now stuck in two places: either endless HTC logo or bootloader.

In fastboot, the only thing it lets me do is reinstall what I think is the last version of the firmware, as it's still on my SD card. I can post a video using an old camera shortly.

Does anyone know how to fix this? If I could get to recovery, I could wipe data and load a backup or an old rom...

Thanks!

Edit: I think i figured it out. Bootloader was auto-detecting the old firmware zip as i thought. Took the memory card out and it let me go right to recovery. Remounted the memory card and I'm now installing Viper Rom (what i was running before). Crossing my fingers that it works!

Let this be a lesson to all of you... always read the full xda threads...

Last edited:

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I've had my share of such problems on my M7 and it taught me not to do it on the M8. I really hope it works for you man, and Viper is definitely a beautiful ROM. Let us know how it goes for you, and if not I can try to find you a RUU to fix all of this, or at least a stock Nandroid.