Whatever happened to that kid (or his parent) who leaked the HTC One (M8) on YouTube?

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: whatever happened to that kid(or his parent) who leaked the HTC One 2 M8 on YouTube?

Assuming it wasn't a marketing stunt (I doubt it since HTC got some negative publicity for taking action) I believe both the kids parents got fired because they were supposedly both Engineers for HTC.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: whatever happened to that kid(or his parent) who leaked the HTC One 2 M8 on YouTube?

Assuming it wasn't a marketing stunt (I doubt it since HTC got some negative publicity for taking action) I believe both the kids parents got fired because they were supposedly both Engineers for HTC.

Damn i bet that kid got grounded for life x10.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Dude definitely got fired.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

Podolsky

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site

I thought it really was a Leak but after the drama on Twitter, now I think it was a marketing stuff.

Posted from my new Nexus 5

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

Dude definitely got fired.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

which is very sad.... had the kid produced a nice YouTube video and boosted sales, HTC would have given his dad a raise or promotion! :) instead, he produced a video that was incomprehensible and painful to watch. It was like watching the mating ritual of dung beetles produced by a 5-year-old. :(

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site

which is very sad.... had the kid produced a nice YouTube video and boosted sales, HTC would have given his dad a raise or promotion! :) instead, he produced a video that was incomprehensible and painful to watch. It was like watching the mating ritual of dung beetles produced by a 5-year-old. :(
I doubt they would have treated the situation any better just based on the quality of the video. When they have millions set up in advertising and all that crap they can't have employees going around breaking NDA's and leaving their phones lying around. Sucks for the kid but I can completely understand why the fired em.

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site

Eh, it's the guys fault. Why he gave his son a prereleased phone to use which is highly "Secret" is his own fault.