"I've ordered my HTC One (M8)!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: The "I've ordered my HTC One M8" thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Hey everyone, I just ordered mine and I had a super quick question.

This is the first time I've ever ordered a phone off Amazon - I still have unlimited data so I pretty much had to buy it off contract. The problem is I don't see anywhere in the listing that the Verizon version comes with a nano sim... is this something I have to order separately or get from the store? Or is it in the box but so commonplace that every phone off Amazon comes with them?

Trying my best to avoid getting the phone here and having no way to use it.

I believe Verizon doesnt use SIM for their phone tech, where do you live?

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Just got an email from Sprint with a tracking number.

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 03/27/2014, By End of Day

hachsa

May 19, 2010
Visit site

If it's like Sprint, the SIM is required for 4G.

Oh wow, I didn't know that. is that for the other spectrum of LTE on sprint? My HTC EVO 4G LTE doesnt have a SIM.

On another note, my M8 just shipped!! =)

TerryMasters

May 1, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, that's why I was curious because my Note II had a sim but I wasn't sure if the M8 came with one so I could just call em and activate it.

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site

Oh wow, I didn't know that. is that for the other spectrum of LTE on sprint? My HTC EVO 4G LTE doesnt have a SIM.

Believe it or not, the EVO 4G LTE has a SIM, it's just not removable. It's "embedded" and not accessible.

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

It's considered and embedded SIM. Even if you rip the phone apart you will never find it though, it's a chip onboard that's just acting like a SIM.

Goofypook

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site

Ordered mine online at VZW and chose store pick up! Had it for 5 hours now. Got subsidized and kept my unlimited Data plan!

crichton2112

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Spent half the afternoon trying to order this. Started at the AT&T site. Immediately following my order confirmation email I'd get another email telling me my order was cancelled. Tried several times thinking maybe I entered something wrong. Used the live chat option and their suggestions didn't help. Called customer service and they told me to wait 14 days and try again. That didn't sound right so I tried live chat again - still no help. Called a local store to see of ordering in person would help and they told me to contact corporate cust service again. Finally got someone who seemed to help. So I finally ordered it expedited shipping. Of course after all the time it took, looks like mine won't be shipping till next week so paying for faster shipping feels like a total waste. If the order had worked the first time it probably would have shipped by now. Oh well...

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Just got my shipped email says delivery on Thursday. I'm ok with one extra day just means Friday will be VERY unproductive haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm so annoyed. I ordered it, the rep wouldn't let me change my shipping options and I'm not sure when I'm getting it. It shipped but it says ground. It's already on a plane but the site is not giving a delivery time. Ups. First World problem's.

from my Tab Pro

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

Hey everyone, I just ordered mine and I had a super quick question.

This is the first time I've ever ordered a phone off Amazon - I still have unlimited data so I pretty much had to buy it off contract. The problem is I don't see anywhere in the listing that the Verizon version comes with a nano sim... is this something I have to order separately or get from the store? Or is it in the box but so commonplace that every phone off Amazon comes with them?

Trying my best to avoid getting the phone here and having no way to use it.

The nano sim is pre-installed.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

monofurioso

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site

I ordered via AT&T right around launch. I got the confirmation email quickly, but it's been listed as "In Progress" ever since, with no shipping date/estimate.

phoenix284

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
ordered from at&t premier at 4:10 EDT. got the confirmation email...order status still shows pending confirmation (my card shows the charge pending already)... sigh...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non