"I've ordered my HTC One (M8)!" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

montigre

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine (Gunmetal Grey) on Sunday, June 8th from Verizon online and according to FedEx tracking, it is supposed to be delivered today, June 10th.

I am upgrading from a Motorola Razr Maxx HD that is functioning perfectly, but due to being dropped one too many times, is currently being held together with a rubber band. It was significantly cheaper to upgrade than to pay the isurance deductable....lol!!

kendabeatz

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine (Gunmetal Grey) on Sunday, June 8th from Verizon online and according to FedEx tracking, it is supposed to be delivered today, June 10th.

I am upgrading from a Motorola Razr Maxx HD that is functioning perfectly, but due to being dropped one too many times, is currently being held together with a rubber band. It was significantly cheaper to upgrade than to pay the isurance deductable....lol!!

Did yours end up arriving on the time? I ordered mine unlocked (US HTC) this morning with fedex overnight but it still hasnt changed it's status to "Ready to ship", hence still stuck at "picking and packing".

Anyone else have any other insights on the shipping reliability when they are in stock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montigre

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Did yours end up arriving on the time?

Yes, it delivered exactly when expected. I was able to complete the full set up and play with it a little before going to bed that evening. I am now just waiting for the microSDXC card and Spigen slim armor case to arrive as I like to keep my OS as free from clutter as possible and the phone is pretty slippery when handling. ;)

For the few days that I have had it, I must report that it is an outstanding piece of electronic engineering--you will not be disappointed when yours arrives.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I ordered mine last week as a replacement for my Nokia 1520. Gun metal gray on AT&T. I picked up the ShieldZ glass screen protector from the AT&T store and stopped at Best Buy later that night and bought the Platinum ( generic) SEIDIO Surface case and belt holster combo. First time I have been excited about getting a new phone in a long time. My wife got a little time to play with one in the store and she really likes how it looks and feels and sounds too. She said if they are having a good sale on them next March she wants one.

Posted via Android Central App

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have not read all 23 pages, but can anyone tell me what's the most important reason for choosing the M8.

While there are other treads that might be more appropriate for that question than the order and shipping thread there is no one answer. Different people have different reasons for choosing the m8. Some of those reasons might include:

Dual front facing speakers that are well built, and provide excellent sound. The only other phones with such speakers are the other One phones from HTC. If you watch videos or listen to music on your phone (or plan to) this is an excellent reason to choose this phone.

Extending on the well built piece it is one of the highest build quality phones available with some top of the line hardware components, and well refined software programs. The build quality and quality control is some of the best out there. Very few people receive faulty hardware components, stuck pixels, or other defects that are common with other vendors. (There are a lot of people who foolishly blame hardware when then can't figure out a problem, and either return or exchange phones for other phone models or used phones. Don't fall into the same trap. If you encounter problems with a phone - be it this one or some other one- its most likely an app or setting at fault). It is one of the few phones that is without lag switching screens and loading apps swiftly.

Besides being quick due to the powerful hardware components, and well developed software the phone also has excellent battery life. While Verizon strips the phone of its extreme power saving mode the phone still has long battery life. I've (on Verizon) been able to get three days out of the battery without needing to charge while still maintaining speed in it use.

HTC has the advantage program which provides benefits like free screen replacement if it breaks in the first 6 months of ownership. Also as part of the advantage program they promise to provide OS updates for two years from the release date of the phone. The phone came out in mid April, so that means updates for almost all of the two years a person would be on contract with their carrier.

Finally there is the look and feel of the phone. It is one of the better looking phones out right now, and while heavier than some of the other phones out these days it has a nice balance, and doesn't feel heavy during use.

There are many other reasons people choose this phone, and you can find the reasons in other threads, forums, and reviews.

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine online as well. Didn’t particularly like the look, as it appeared the bezel around the phone came up slightly and I didn’t like that. Still, I needed a new phone and I didn’t want an iPhone or another Galaxy. My last phone was The HTC One and so I decided to go with HTC again. Got the phone today in Amber Gold and while the color is nice, the overall look of the phone is stunning. It looks nothing in person like it looks online, not even in high quality pics or YouTube videos which I watched extensively. The phone has to be seen in person. The glass rises up slightly over the bezel and as I learned from my original One, needs no screen protector. The glass just won’t scratch. Can’t say I see much difference between the original One and M8, except a lot more Sprint bloatware. Still, happy with my purchase so far.

Cool Storm

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I know I'm late to the game but I ordered my M8 from Google Play on 08/14/14 says it will ship on 08/18. I cant wait! I'm still using the Droid X I've had since December 2010.

Dodd095

May 12, 2012
Visit site
seems I'm the slowest ... ordered Mine from Amazon 9/23 and set to deliver 9/25..... will see. Currently using a Droid Ultra.

KnicksALLday

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
for those who have the verizone m8 how do you like it so far? and is it a big difference compared to the htc m7? I look forward to getting this phone once i sell my m7

Darren Salvatore

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: The "I've ordered my HTC One M8" thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

I just got this last friday via mail from UPS. I ordered it from Verizon online and they provide free overnight shipping so I ordered it on 11/26 then was delivered by 11/28 so I guess it takes two days to deliver.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: The "I've ordered my HTC One M8" thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

I'm late to the party!

The M9 sucked so I decided to upgrade to the M8 instead

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe