Fold 2 Accessory Wait. What is going going on?

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I can't be the only one that's noticed you can't seem to find any Fold2-specific accessories available for shipping/delivery within 48 hours. Everything is still pre-order only and not available until mid October at the earliest.

On 9/4 I ordered an Aramid case from Samsung that was to be delivered the same date as my Fold 2, 9/18. I said...okay. Like most pre-orders, my phone arrived earlier than expected. Yea! That's one of the unwritten benefits and expectations of pre-ordering. I was not disappointed. On 9/17 I noticed the delivery date for my Aramid case got pushed back until 9/23. Things happen. Be patient, I told myself. Fast forward to yesterday I receive an apology email from Samsung that my Aramid case is yet again delayed but this time with no estimated time-frame for delivery. You can imagine my frustration. Yet, its just a case. Yet, its just a case for an extremely expensive (to me anyways) device. I am already overly particular when it comes to keeping my phones in the most pristine of condition for the life that I own a device. A phone, of mine, needs to be in like-new pristine condition indefinitely because I have perfection issues. We all have our quirks. ...and its certainly more challenging when you can't even put a case on the phone.

Still, no cases or skins for the Fold 2 are immediately available. Is this on purpose? Did Samsung not share information with accessory manufacturers. Did they ask 3rd party manufacturers to hold off on making cases for their $2K phone. Why would Samsung release their most expensive phone to date and not put any effort into making sure 1st and 3rd party protection accessories are available on launch date? How many people that buy such a device won't want a case on it immediately.

I know the Fold 2 is not quite mainstream but the current situation is frustrating and I almost wonder if it was by design.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I can't be the only one that's noticed you can't seem to find any Fold2-specific accessories available for shipping/delivery within 48 hours. Everything is still pre-order only and not available until mid October at the earliest.

On 9/4 I ordered an Aramid case from Samsung that was to be delivered the same date as my Fold 2, 9/18. I said...okay. Like most pre-orders, my phone arrived earlier than expected. Yea! That's one of the unwritten benefits and expectations of pre-ordering. I was not disappointed. On 9/17 I noticed the delivery date for my Aramid case got pushed back until 9/23. Things happen. Be patient, I told myself. Fast forward to yesterday I receive an apology email from Samsung that my Aramid case is yet again delayed but this time with no estimated time-frame for delivery. You can imagine my frustration. Yet, its just a case. Yet, its just a case for an extremely expensive (to me anyways) device. I am already overly particular when it comes to keeping my phones in the most pristine of condition for the life that I own a device. A phone, of mine, needs to be in like-new pristine condition indefinitely because I have perfection issues. We all have our quirks. ...and its certainly more challenging when you can't even put a case on the phone.

Still, no cases or skins for the Fold 2 are immediately available. Is this on purpose? Did Samsung not share information with accessory manufacturers. Did they ask 3rd party manufacturers to hold off on making cases for their $2K phone. Why would Samsung release their most expensive phone to date and not put any effort into making sure 1st and 3rd party protection accessories are available on launch date? How many people that buy such a device won't want a case on it immediately.

I know the Fold 2 is not quite mainstream but the current situation is frustrating and I almost wonder if it was by design.
It's probably a matter of not being to justify production unless there is a big enough market demand. If you look at some case manufacturers product lines especially the high end ones, you will see that they are very selective in what products they design and produce for.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
It's probably a matter of not being to justify production unless there is a big enough market demand. If you look at some case manufacturers product lines especially the high end ones, you will see that they are very selective in what products they design and produce for.
I can comprehend that. Still...grumble-grumble.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Yeah if I knew this before pre order I would have done the custom hinge lol phones will arrive before our cases....I'm happy to be using phone but not so bad now waiting on custom ..

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah if I knew this before pre order I would have done the custom hinge lol phones will arrive before our cases....I'm happy to be using phone but not so bad now waiting on custom ..

Yep I would have went with the blue hinge with the mystic black.

I'm guessing the demand of this one is a bit higher than the OG and neither Samsung or the case manufacturers were ready to meet such demand.

Not sure of how heavily this one is being marketed, but I've already had a few people notice it in public and ask about it, and even saw another person with one. Didn't have many people notice the first one in the time I had it and to this day I still haven't seen another person with one.

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Yep I would have went with the blue hinge with the mystic black.

I'm guessing the demand of this one is a bit higher than the OG and neither Samsung or the case manufacturers were ready to meet such demand.

Not sure of how heavily this one is being marketed, but I've already had a few people notice it in public and ask about it, and even saw another person with one. Didn't have many people notice the first one in the time I had it and to this day I still haven't seen another person with one.

I would’ve done black and red combo ...I’m seeing a few pics on Reddit with custom colors and fly for sure ...and more buyers I bet the numbers will be better than expected ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter