HTC One (M8): Battery Life

ptom13

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone switch from a Nexus 4 to an HTC One M8? I'm curious as to what the difference in battery life is and how long typically it will last longer.

realistick

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
My Verizon M8 only gave 10 hours batttey life the first day out of the box. I freaked. Battery usage showed the dialer with 39% power usage. When I checked settings I found the dialer set to GLOBAL instead of CDMA/LTE. After changing this setting battery life is great. Thanks Verizon for charging me a setup fee on a phone that I have to tweak.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well screen on time usually is a huge factor on battery life.. So if someone uses less the battery may be good for them whereas someone who is on it a ton would say otherwise.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Time_tells

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I have just received a software update 1.54.771.5 on my HTC One M8 this is on Three UK.

In the update says it has power saving up date, so am assuming this is finally the Extreme Power saving they talked about

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Well screen on time usually is a huge factor on battery life.. So if someone uses less the battery may be good for them whereas someone who is on it a ton would say otherwise.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Exactly, so personally from my perspective, when I see someone say that their battery last all day, but they barely use it (under 5 hours screen on time) it really doesn't show me that the battery is good.

I use anywhere between 2-5 hours screen on time on a day to day basis, depending on where I am, so to me a good battery is one that can last literally a whole day (24 hours) and maybe a couple more hours before it hits under 10%

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Exactly, so personally from my perspective, when I see someone say that their battery last all day, but they barely use it (under 5 hours screen on time) it really doesn't show me that the battery is good.

I use anywhere between 2-5 hours screen on time on a day to day basis, depending on where I am, so to me a good battery is one that can last literally a whole day (24 hours) and maybe a couple more hours before it hits under 10%

Well I guess the battery test that used streaming videos is for you with that said this phone is getting 7hr in one test and 9hr web browsing time in another. So based on your requirements I would say this gets battery life

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
So the cell reception is also improved?!

Posted via Android Central App

I can't comment on if it's improved over the m7 but I never had any problems with it, or the m8. So far the misconception that metal phones won't get good reception is disproved with the HTC One's

anon(8328984)

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I can't comment on if it's improved over the m7 but I never had any problems with it, or the m8. So far the misconception that metal phones won't get good reception is disproved with the HTC One's

I've always liked the cell reception my m7 gets over what my Samsungs would get. Samsungs have awful radios.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Battery life on this phone is crazy! I take it off the charger at 6 am, and by the time I get home at 6 pm I still have about 70 to 75 percent left. I would say I'm a moderate user. No heavy gaming or video watching during the day, just web browsing, checking email and snapping a few photos. Can't wait until we get the power saving mode update.

ugxvibe

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Just over 4.5 hours screen time I got 1 day/16 hours on one charge..crazy. That impresses me because my Rezound lasted about 8 hours with the same use and an extended battery. My M7 would last me about 18-20 hours.

This 801 chip is simply genius with battery consumption.

y4ydyga5.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

stlcards504

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/05/y7yrugam.jpg

Under heavy use. Moderate I get like 14-16.

That's pretty close to what I'm getting, except less phone time and more screen & app time. I was 81% in 12h, 42m. I was thinking that I maybe had a bad battery, but I guess I'm just using it more than I thought. We turned off some of the Google location settings, my son said that's been a problem and should help the battery life. We'll see over the next few days.

digital-g

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Swapped out my HTC Rezound for the HTC One M8 on 2 Apr (contract end date) and took advantage of the BOGO offer. Fully charged my new HTC One M8 the night of the 2nd and removed it from the charger at 7:00 a.m. on the 3rd. As of the writing of this post, this first charge has kept it going. With 8% battery remaining, I literally JUST plugged it back in before typing this post. I'm calculating roughly 52.5 hours on the first full charge. I consider myself to be a moderate user (daily email, FB, Twitter, WWF, some YouTube, Web Browsing, Music Playing) and also have been flipping screen on and off A LOT to get a good feel of Kit Kat and Sense 6. This phone ROCKS! This is much better battery life than my Rezound had with the Extended Battery in it. Very happy with my new HTC One M8!!!

Ewing33855

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
2.1%/hr.

After using an M7 with a custom ROM and Sense 6 for a few weeks the good battery life I'm getting on the M8 is no surprise. What is surprising is that with this bigger CPU and slightly bigger battery I'm getting better battery life.

Imo, the complaints about a 2,600mAh are unwarranted. How is your battery life?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/27/4apuqazu.jpg

I'm at 47% on 17 hours. On full lte no wifi. Pretty darn good

Sent from my HTC One M8

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Love the M8. Better battery life then my G2 . Still need to test it more.

Not very much screen on time, your battery life will drastically change if you use it more. Not trying to discredit it as I have really good battery life, but it definitely doesn't last that long for me. I've got 31% left with about 13.5 hrs and a whole lot more screen on time