Battery life?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How is the battery life for everyone? Mine is about a week into use and it doesn't seem that great. It's possible the kernel and battery haven't found their groove yet (I haven't done many full charges, mainly to 85%).

As I've been thinking about it, I take back about the kernel not settling down yet. It has. Battery life is a bit better than when I first started using it. But overall, my usage is about the same as the 5A, and I'm getting down into the 40s a lot more.

Smokeaire01

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
How is the battery life for everyone? Mine is about a week into use and it doesn't seem that great. It's possible the kernel and battery haven't found their groove yet (I haven't done many full charges, mainly to 85%).

As I've been thinking about it, I take back about the kernel not settling down yet. It has. Battery life is a bit better than when I first started using it. But overall, my usage is about the same as the 5A, and I'm getting down into the 40s a lot more.
I posted extensive battery life experience posts starting with with this post:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=7096775

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is a bit better than when I first started using it. But overall, my usage is about the same as the 5A, and I'm getting down into the 40s a lot more.

"About the same as the 5a."

If so, what are you complaining about? The battery life on my 5a blows away any device I've ever owned and independent tests and reviews acknowledge the 5a has a beast of a battery.

While my wife's 6a battery life cannot touch my 5a, she easily gets through a full day. She averages about 2.5 hours screen time per day and ends the day with about 60% battery.

When my 5a was new I would get to 60% battery after about FOUR hours screen time. I would routinely charge my 5a every other day and even then I could have gotten half way through day 3 before charging but I don't like to run the battery down below 15-20%.

If you are getting the same battery life on your 6a as your 5a I would be concerned there was something wrong with your 5a.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
"About the same as the 5a."

If so, what are you complaining about? The battery life on my 5a blows away any device I've ever owned and independent tests and reviews acknowledge the 5a has a beast of a battery.

While my wife's 6a battery life cannot touch my 5a, she easily gets through a full day. She averages about 2.5 hours screen time per day and ends the day with about 60% battery.

When my 5a was new I would get to 60% battery after about FOUR hours screen time. I would routinely charge my 5a every other day and even then I could have gotten half way through day 3 before charging but I don't like to run the battery down below 15-20%.

If you are getting the same battery life on your 6a as your 5a I would be concerned there was something wrong with your 5a.

My usage not being the rate of discharge, but what I use the phone for and how long...habits if you will. Equivalent usage is a bigger drop on the new phone than my previous one.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How long would it last you between 40 to 85 before or other devices, seems like not much before you charge again

It so far has seemed like the drop is kind of quick. But if the break in of a battery is x number of full charges, then I am not there yet. I probably have the equivalent of 5 0-100 charges by now?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It so far has seemed like the drop is kind of quick. But if the break in of a battery is x number of full charges, then I am not there yet. I probably have the equivalent of 5 0-100 charges by now?
I would try minimum 15 to 20 to 85 see if you get better results.

I'm not sure the way you charging it from 40 to 85 would be equivalent 5- 0 100 charges but you definitely charging more then say a user like me that charges a device from 10 to 100 , usually once after 24 hour I start to charge

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I would try minimum 15 to 20 to 85 see if you get better results.

I'm not sure the way you charging it from 40 to 85 would be equivalent 5- 0 100 charges but you definitely charging more then say a user like me that charges a device from 10 to 100 , usually once after 24 hour I start to charge

That lack of clarity was my fault, I'll try again..I have been using the 6a as my daily driver since the 24th, charging mainly to 85-90%, with the occasional 100%. Accubattery has said that I have charged to 556%. From that was how I came to the idea that I have roughly charged 5 times 0-100.

To even further clarify: Since my usage is roughly the same, with the 5a I didn't need to charge midday at all not even after I initially got the device; lately I have been almost every day. That was what prompted the thread creation.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That lack of clarity was my fault, I'll try again..I have been using the 6a as my daily driver since the 24th, charging mainly to 85-90%, with the occasional 100%. Accubattery has said that I have charged to 556%. From that was how I came to the idea that I have roughly charged 5 times 0-100.

To even further clarify: Since my usage is roughly the same, with the 5a I didn't need to charge midday at all not even after I initially got the device; lately I have been almost every day. That was what prompted the thread creation.
Ahh gotcha , I'm not sure how accurate Accu battery is in that regards maybe @Mooncatt can chime in , I use to use that app but just feel it drained little more collecting data so uninstalled it for awhile now .

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The 5A was a fantastic phone with respect to battery. I never understand when a company decides to go backwards in battery capacity on newer devices. It's like there's always something that needs to be sacrificed.

Still the battery isn't bad on the 6A but not stellar. I would say heavy users will definitely need to top off before end of day.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So this was just today...

7AM:
Screenshot_20220907-070303.jpg

Plugged in a few minutes ago:
Screenshot_20220907-190117.jpg

Battery graph for the last 24 hours:
Screenshot_20220907-190635.jpg

I have already inquired about an exchange. I think that is what I am going to do this weekend.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So strange to see messages using that much percentage. Might be a software issue with the app itself unless you really text a to lot haha.

Only about a dozen texts all day today, listened to some music that's physically on my phone, 1 phone call about 2 minutes, and the reporting for Chrome is about right...45 minutes of browsing. I might do a cache clear for Messages just to be safe.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Turn off in Developers setting mobile data always on that should help also and turn 5g off if not great in your area