Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
03-27-2014 08:06 AM
84 replies
Like Tree24Likes
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One (M8): Battery Life

2.1%/hr.

After using an M7 with a custom ROM and Sense 6 for a few weeks the good battery life I'm getting on the M8 is no surprise. What is surprising is that with this bigger CPU and slightly bigger battery I'm getting better battery life.

Imo, the complaints about a 2,600mAh are unwarranted. How is your battery life?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    cizzlen and roflwaffleton like this.

Default Re: Battery Life

Quote Originally Posted by ugxvibe View Post
    How is your battery life?
    So far, battery life has been fantastic compared to my M7. I don't have an exact number on how much better, but their claim of 40% better is definitely a reasonable number.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Battery size is just one factor when talking about battery life. The chipset has a lot top do with it as does the screen. Kit Kat and the snapdragon 801 are probably gonna be the biggest contributers to better battery life. They use less power as compared to older chipsets and operating systems

That being said, I can already tell it has much better battery life. I would also agree that the 40% claim by HTC is probably right on the money

Posted via Android Central App
    cizzlen likes this.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

I'm not trying to argue, but I can easily get a full day's worth on my M7. Were other people having problems with the battery life on the original One? Or is it just better overall which is of course a good thing?
    coronaboy10 likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

There were a lot of negative posts about this phone based on the size of the battery all over the internet. People complained that 2,600 wasn't enough, it needs at least 3,200, etc... Just want to let people know that battery size in this phone should not deter you from getting it if it's on your list of 'Cons'.
    cizzlen and Assassin Droid like this.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts

Can anyone comment on the stand-by time on the phone(overnight)

thanks!

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by jrb363 View Post
    I'm not trying to argue, but I can easily get a full day's worth on my M7. Were other people having problems with the battery life on the original One? Or is it just better overall which is of course a good thing?
    I do too.

Default Re: HTC One (M8): Battery Life

Standby time is excellent. I don't have any official stats but I can leave it sit for hours and it will drop 1 or 2%. Very impressed so far

jev425 likes this.

So far I'm actually really disappointed in the battery on my Verizon M8. It doesn't seem, at least in the first couple of days, to be much better than my M7 was getting. I've disabled bloat ware apps and I'm watching wifi/Bluetooth use, but I'm dropping more than 10% an hour with nothing more than texting, refreshing Facebook and Falcon Pro. Screen set to auto.

Right now GSAM says I've dropped 12% in the last 51 minutes with 30 minutes screen on time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshield View Post
    So far I'm actually really disappointed in the battery on my Verizon M8. It doesn't seem, at least in the first couple of days, to be much better than my M7 was getting. I've disabled bloat ware apps and I'm watching wifi/Bluetooth use, but I'm dropping more than 10% an hour with nothing more than texting, refreshing Facebook and Falcon Pro. Screen set to auto.

Right now GSAM says I've dropped 12% in the last 51 minutes with 30 minutes screen on time.
    12% for 30 minutes of screen time? 4 hours of screen time...not bad, but I'd give it a week to see how it is. I remember my One's battery performing horribly when I first got it, but it got better. Just make sure to check the wakelocks and to see how much the android OS is taking up of the battery.

Verizon versions of phones are most definitely different than other carrier branded devices. I'm constantly playing with mine and it is by far better than my Att m7 in terms of battery life

Banned

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

HTC One (M8): Battery Life-image.jpg

Now this is what I'm talking about, and with heavy usage. A lot of pictures and using GPS. Definitely better than my 5S by a mile.
    cizzlen and msavic6 like this.

Of course they said 3000 was minimum, and that is true. HOWEVER, that is needed for underperformed processors. It's a matter of time. As technology improves, we transform the way things are done. More efficiency translates to less work. Battery needs, produced heat, etc will all get better with the M8.

You should make sure your location services are on battery saver. Email is set to sync less. You know, most emails are set to check new mail every 15 min. That's 96 times a day! Check it out adjust the settings, and let things settle.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

1 day,18 minutes.. :-)
    Granted I haven't used the phone much today.

cizzlen likes this.

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

I am currently at 8 hours and 8 minutes with moderate usage and have 68% of my battery left. The battery life is very good.

I just switched from a Droid DNA, and I can tell you that I am usually at about 35% at this time of the day.

I am absolutely impressed.

Holy cow! Is that a Verizon model getting those numbers?

Global Posts
    393 Global Posts

If you are referring to my post above, then yes, it is a Verizon HTC One M8.

Banned

Global Posts
    963 Global Posts

Holy cow! Is that a Verizon model getting those numbers?

Mine is VZ.

Turn off auto brightness. I went 14 hours last night before plugging in and was only at 49% with moderate usage. I'm typically a heavy user and swapped from a note. Battery is performing better than my note 3s did.

cizzlen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyway View Post
    Standby time is excellent. I don't have any official stats but I can leave it sit for hours and it will drop 1 or 2%. Very impressed so far

That's great to hear, most Android phones suck in this area
    cizzlen likes this.

My One X is dead after 3 hours of browsing so anything above that would be wonderful for me.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by B0WIE View Post
    My One X is dead after 3 hours of browsing so anything above that would be wonderful for me.
    That is exactly how my Rezound was, even with the extended battery.

Quote Originally Posted by thegrants82 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	167.9 KB 
ID:	109705

Now this is what I'm talking about, and with heavy usage. A lot of pictures and using GPS. Definitely better than my 5S by a mile.
    Absolutely ridiculous, would never have expected that kind of screen on time. Remember last year when we thought 6 hours on our S4 was good? Haha. Still using Battery Guru?

Verizon M8 and it's surprisingly good!

Former DROID MAXX user so I was a bit worried about battery life.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

At 1PM I took it off the charger at 100% and went in to my customer. I am in the middle of nowhere and for 3.5 hours at one bar or less signal. I made a few calls and every 15 min my email polls. At 4:30 it was at 75%. This is with wifi and BT on and showing the phone off so I had about 30 min screen time. My M7 would be about 55% and I normally cant make calls due to poor signal. I am happy
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast