HTC One (M8) is gone

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
yeah there is that. My hands are on the small side. My moto x sure felt great. My 5s is too small. I need a good camera though so the moto x didn't cut it. Too bad, the m8 is a nice phone. Very nice but just a little too long for me.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 is gone.

You adjust to the size of the 5s...took me about 2 days. Now I love it.

via the tablet ��

I couldn't imagine adjusting the the size of the iPhone 5S. I've had the Moto X for four months now and still feel like I'm holding someone else's phone because it is so small. I prefer 5.0-5.7 inches.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site

Size complaints make me wonder... But, then again, I've been carrying a Note II since June. I couldn't imagine going to something much smaller.

dtblair24

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

I couldn't imagine adjusting the the size of the iPhone 5S. I've had the Moto X for four months now and still feel like I'm holding someone else's phone because it is so small. I prefer 5.0-5.7 inches.

I somehow adjusted as well lol. Thought it would be impossible but we adapt. But boy it felt great to hold a big phone again

mush10

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site

One of the concerns I have about the form factor is the curve on the back. I frequently use my phone while lying on my desk at my office. I use gesture typing exclusively at that point. With that curve, I could imagine that gesture typing while lying flat on on a desk would be a challenge. Have you experienced this as a problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5

I will check it out tomorrow. I will say the curve makes it feel great in hand vs my Nexus 5 even though it is wider. My problem is not the size but can I get used to the extra layer the HTC logo puts on. Just feels a little funny still.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Have an Iphone 5S. Used the M8 for a day. It is a fantastic phone but a little too big for me and I was surprised at the weight difference between the Iphone 5S at 112 grams and the M8 at 160 grams, a noticeable difference.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Have an Iphone 5S. Used the M8 for a day. It is a fantastic phone but a little too big for me and I was surprised at the weight difference between the Iphone 5S at 112 grams and the M8 at 160 grams, a noticeable difference.

I would imagine that it would difficult to get used to in a day. Maybe give it a little more time.

Kashan Osama

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
So Guess I am the only one who loves Tall phones,just because maybe they are easier to handle with one hand and use comfortably,The thumb gets a firm grip to reach about every where of the screen...isn't it like that folks?

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
So Guess I am the only one who loves Tall phones,just because maybe they are easier to handle with one hand and use comfortably,The thumb gets a firm grip to reach about every where of the screen...isn't it like that folks?

I guess I have small hands. My right thumb can't even reach the upper left-hand corner of my 5s' screen without adjusting my grip for that purpose.

via the phone 📲

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

I hate tall phones. I have small hands and the Moto X is the only reason I stayed with android. The M7 was a decent size, but it was too tall to use with one hand for me. The Moto X fits into my hand really well and still has a 4.7 inch screen. I am kinda upset the market has moved to large phones so quickly.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site

5s has great build quality, But a Garbage OS

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Honestly, high endandroids are pretty much on par for how smooth they run, but you can't deny how great all the iphones run. My dad has a iPhone 4s from 2011 (I think) and he uses it as a media player and its still quite smooth. Ios7 is pretty weird looking though I will give you that.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

In terms of looks I actually prefer the M7. It is one of the most beautiful devices made to date. The only real problem I have with HTC M7 or M8 is the camera. It still feels like a compromise.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't see what the fuss is about the length of the phone. From what I understand, the bezels are bigger at the top and bottom which makes the phone taller. But the screen is still a 5 inch screen. I would imagine that operating the screen one handed is the same as operating my Nexus 5 that has about the same size screen. Or maybe I'm missing something.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I don't see what the fuss is about the length of the phone. From what I understand, the bezels are bigger at the top and bottom which makes the phone taller. But the screen is still a 5 inch screen. I would imagine that operating the screen one handed is the same as operating my Nexus 5 that has about the same size screen. Or maybe I'm missing something.

The HTC one from last year was tall because of the speakers and bezel. This year it is even taller and has a bigger screen, so it would be a little harder to reach all four corners of the screen with one hand.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
The HTC one from last year was tall because of the speakers and bezel. This year it is even taller and has a bigger screen, so it would be a little harder to reach all four corners of the screen with one hand.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Sure, I understand that. But when comparing it to the other devices like the S5, Nexus 5, etc. They all have 5 inch + screens. So, does it make it that much different in handling it? Or is it that these prospective buyers don't like it compared to last year's model?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699