M8 sound settings

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Does this phone have beats or not?

Regardless, are there music settings(like an EQ)?

Is there even an advantage in staying with the stock music player?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Does this phone have beats or not?

Regardless, are there music settings(like an EQ)?

No beats, that was on the m7 only. HTC sold their share of Beats last year. Beats was only a software algorithm, had nothing to do with hardware.

No music settings. You can download a bunch of different eq apps though.

Imo, I don't think you'll need to do any eq adjustments. They sound perfectly fine, and I'm a bit of an audiophile (I went to college for sound engineering)

Posted via Android Central App

artofdesign

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
No beats, that was on the m7 only. HTC sold their share of Beats last year. Beats was only a software algorithm, had nothing to do with hardware.

No music settings. You can download a bunch of different eq apps though.

Imo, I don't think you'll need to do any eq adjustments. They sound perfectly fine, and I'm a bit of an audiophile (I went to college for sound engineering)

Posted via Android Central App

Cool thanks! I actually agree with your comments, just wasn't sure I was missing some great option or something. I came from an S4.

I may DL pro player or something if I won't lose anything since the stock player doesn't offer widget on nova.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Not having more apps on the phone.

I tend to like it set flat and clean. Beats didn't do anything positive for me but rather ruined the sound quality by using a fixed enhancement that was designed to make cheap headphones sound better. I've downloaded other players with EQs for phones with bad audio but with half-decent headphones, the M8 sounds best dry/no enhancement/eq (IMO).

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Not having more apps on the phone.

I tend to like it set flat and clean. Beats didn't do anything positive for me but rather ruined the sound quality by using a fixed enhancement that was designed to make cheap headphones sound better. I've downloaded other players with EQs for phones with bad audio but with half-decent headphones, the M8 sounds best dry/no enhancement/eq (IMO).

Well technically BoomSound is an eq setting (software algorithm). Using the headphones you can tell a difference with it on and off.

I agree with you though, I don't like Beats. Their headphones suck and are way overpriced. I didn't think it was that good either on the m7, could've easily done the same thing without the Beats branding.