WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I heard that u can change to ART to make the phone run better. Does anyone think they could help me out???

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The phone actually doesn't run better. Dalvik is just fine. With ART, most of your downloaded apps will not work.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The phone actually doesn't run better. Dalvik is just fine. With ART, most of your downloaded apps will not work.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

I never ran into an app that wouldn't work with ART on my old N5, so "most" might be an overstatement.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It won't make a noticeable difference but if you goto settings/about phone then tap Build Number abunch of times to open Developer Options then go under that to find Select runtime you can turn it on. It does offer an improvement but don't expect to notice it outright.

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm running with Art and having no problems. It's a bit faster and should net a touch better battery life.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there any way to enable art on the HTC one m7

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

If you got KitKat, go into settings and tap 7 or 8 times on Build Number. It should open Developer Options and that's where you can find the ART option.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

cyberr8der

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
cant remember where I read it, but ART doesnt really do much by way of battery life improvement

For me it's helped a bit but nothing great. The idea is that with the apps being compiled already it doesn't need to be done every time you launch an app therefore using less processing power

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I did alittle research on it, since I run ARHD. He put up 2 versions of the rom..one was ART...but running the ART one I could run Sense 6 toolbox or exposed mods..so I opted to not use it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38