Notification Sounds Not Playing Properly

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just got the M8 today, and sold my Nexus 5 yesterday

When I go to assign ringtones, notifications, alarms, all is fine when the phone is right out of the box.

After I put my SD Card 64GB in, with my folders of Android Walls, Android Icons, DCIM, and Media with Audio in that, and Ringtones, Notifications, Alarms, and Music in that.

I go to assign a notification and it could play some other notification, or even a clip of a song. For instance, could hit Bubbles and "And I" from I will Always Love you will play

The HTC support was not very helpful. I told them I will call back if I can't solve it

THe files are all fine. I just had them all working yesterday.

I am back at the PC now, reformatted the SD card, and I am copying all the files again to the SD card.

If that doesn't work, I will try putting them on the phone and see if that works, maybe a faulty sd card??

Your help, ideas, etc would be greatly appreciated

Eric

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing I use zedge I assigned a ringtone a alarm and notification the notification at times uses the ringtone instead of what I gave assigned I gave up trying it's doing what it wants

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I pulled my 64gb ad from my old S4 and put it in my new m8 and music and ringtones (custom) are all working fine. How is your card formatted?

ironbesterer

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
You have to change the messaging notification sound manually. Go into the messages app and go to settings.

Sent from my Verizon HTC One M8

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I only ever set them manually. I formatted it and it is now being put on the sd card again. we will see. I did put sounds on the phone and it worked fine

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
All is fine now. Don't know what the problem was. Maybe not formatted properly

I use quick pic (I believe that's the name) instead of gallery. I keep getting an album showing up of all the Google Play Music album art? I delete it and exit. I go in and it returns

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty