Second HTC One (M8) - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?

miggdmac

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I just received a new replacement M8 and the power button seems "sunk-in" and very stiff to activate. Anyone else having this issue? My first unit had a defective speaker. A little frustrated with the build quality issues on these devices.

Last edited by a moderator:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Second HTC One M8 - Do You Have Build Quality Issues?

I just received a new replacement M8 and the power button seems "sunk-in" and very stiff to activate. Anyone else having this issue? My first unit had a defective speaker. A little frustrated with the build quality issues on these devices.

I posted earlier today about my screen lifting in the top right corner. I would say there are some challenges.

Posted via Android Central App

miggdmac

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I noticed the seating of the glass on my first phone was much higher. This one is more flush.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Can't find anything wrong. Glass is flat all around, buttons are perfect.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I don't have any issues with mine. When the M7 came out last year there were a lot of people with build quality issues. Obviously I don't want anybody to have these types of issues, but I do hope that HTC learned from last year and improved the process around building these devices.

omgitsjoe

May 1, 2013
Visit site

I've had my M8 for about two weeks now and have yet found any kind of quality issue as of yet. I'm just amazed as to how good the quality has been !!

miggdmac

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

I love the device. These issues have just made it a bit frustrating, however just got off the phone with HTC and they are shipping out a new device. I do appreciate their customer service. The experience feels much like the customer service you receive from Apple. Nice job HTC.

cmilviper

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site

I had a couple of areas of stuck pixels on my original M8, only visible on black screen.

My new one has no issues that I've found, yet.

o2k

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
So far so good.
I don't have any issues that have been raised on the forum. I must be lucky. :D

Erhhh, I do have one issue. but that's with how to remove the sticker on the back of the phone.

jhguth

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
No issues on mine. Recessed buttons seems to be a common problem for HTC, I had issues with 2 HD7s .

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Every phone manufacture will have a % of phones that have flaws. I had to send my M7 due to speaker malfunction but I'm rocking a great M7 now. I also agree that dealing with Htc's customer service was very easy, no hassle what so ever.

Hopefully get yours sorted out.

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

I love the device. These issues have just made it a bit frustrating, however just got off the phone with HTC and they are shipping out a new device. I do appreciate their customer service. The experience feels much like the customer service you receive from Apple. Nice job HTC.

Did you have to send them your original device first? Or do they have you return it in the box they ship?

On mine it's the top right where the screen meets the ear piece plate, the plate is lifting. I have to call them tomorrow.

The Courier

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Had my M8 since its release on AT&T and haven't had any issues so far. Build quality is amazing. Let's hope it stays that way lol

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
If you are truly having these aweful build quality issues, why are you leaving the store with them? Smells like Samsung has ramped up its trolling propaganda machine yet again!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

miggdmac

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I didn't buy the phone from a carrier. I bought the developer edition direct from HTC. They were kind enough to ship out a new model using the cross ship prepayment. Glad to hear others have not experienced the same issues.

clborden

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If you are truly having these aweful build quality issues, why are you leaving the store with them? Smells like Samsung has ramped up its trolling propaganda machine yet again!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I have a developers edition so calm down. I just wanted to know how they return/exchange their product.

bxdw01

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got my One today. Noticed a small dent next to the depth sensor when I unboxed it. Is it worth it to risk the chance of getting a replacement with more problems considering everything like the volume rocker and the speaker grills are all fine? Also anyone have any experience getting a replacement phone, I got the unlocked version from HTC.com

jnugglet

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the silver version and it had a couple small nicks in the back right out of the wrapper. I was ok with it when my phone was running balls to the wall awesome, but now that the new Verizon update has killed my battery life I am less than thrilled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez