KitKat immersive and transparent mode is it on the HTC One (M8)?

giper54

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
Is Immersive mode and transparent mode automatically on the HTC One M8? If not how do you turn this feature on?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Immersive mode has to be implemented by the developer of the app. HTC can't do anything about YouTube (just an example) not writing the code into their app, it's on YouTube's shoulders.

Also you can't change the transparency of the on screen buttons. Might be able to by rooting and flashing a custom kernel/rom, but you'd have to do more research yourself

Posted via Android Central App

SNDLC

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: KitKat immersive and transparent mode is it on the HTC One M8?

Immersive mode has to be implemented by the developer of the app. HTC can't do anything about YouTube (just an example) not writing the code into their app, it's on YouTube's shoulders.

Also you can't change the transparency of the on screen buttons. Might be able to by rooting and flashing a custom kernel/rom, but you'd have to do more research yourself

Is "Immersive Mode" what it's called when an app goes completely fullscreen (i.e status bar and on screen buttons going away)? If so, thank you for putting a name to the feature! Any insight on why the youtube app sometimes would show a video full screen, vice with status bar and menu buttons?

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Is "Immersive Mode" what it's called when an app goes completely fullscreen (i.e status bar and on screen buttons going away)? If so, thank you for putting a name to the feature! Any insight on why the youtube app sometimes would show a video full screen, vice with status bar and menu buttons?

Yes, imerssive mode is when an app goes full screen. I hope more devolpers update their apps soon for this feature.

As for YouTube, that's up to Google to fix, I had this problem on my Nexus 5 too. Though I did just read somewhere that if the buttons are showing up, you can double tap the video and they'll go away. Haven't tried it myself yet though, so not sure if it works.

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site

Yes, imerssive mode is when an app goes full screen. I hope more devolpers update their apps soon for this feature.

As for YouTube, that's up to Google to fix, I had this problem on my Nexus 5 too. Though I did just read somewhere that if the buttons are showing up, you can double tap the video and they'll go away. Haven't tried it myself yet though, so not sure if it works.

same here. sometimes you need to double tap for them to go away.

since we are on that same topic, does anyone know what that little faded icon in the status bar means when you are playing a youtube video? its a light gray icon with what looks to be a circle with ripple effects around it.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

since we are on that same topic, does anyone know what that little faded icon in the status bar means when you are playing a youtube video? its a light gray icon with what looks to be a circle with ripple effects around it.

Are you talking about the boom sound icon? It also shows up if your listening to music.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

What is not understood is that there is a bug with Sence 6 that does not allow the immersive mode to always work.

For example, in YouTube, yes it works well, unless the bug shows up. Double tapping doesn't help remove the black bar in such a case. The buttons go away but not the black bar that takes up screen real estate.

3 of my games that are updated and well known for immersive mode included, have worked great until the bug shows up and I have to restart the game in hopes that I get full screen the next try.

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

widgetlocket has a transparency setting for the buttons. works well but only applys to homescreen.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
What is not understood is that there is a bug with Sence 6 that does not allow the immersive mode to always work.

For example, in YouTube, yes it works well, unless the bug shows up. Double tapping doesn't help remove the black bar in such a case. The buttons go away but not the black bar that takes up screen real estate.

Posted via Android Central App on my all new One

That happened on my Nexus 5 too, so I don't think its a Sense bug, either its YouTube or KitKat itself I think.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I do believe is a KitKat thing as well. On my Nexus 7, sometimes when I'm playing a game in immersive mode, sometimes if I change the volume, the 3 buttons and bar shows up, but then the buttons go away but the bar remains. I have to re-start the game (simply close and go to recent apps) and then it will go back to full screen.....

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
No. It was three on my EVO LTE as well. Besides I'm watching a video, not listening to music

The BoomSound logo will appear in the notification bar EVERY time you use your speakers (music and videos). It will also show up if you're using headphones with the BoomSound setting on. You can turn it off for headphones use but not for external speaker use

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
No. It was three on my EVO LTE as well. Besides I'm watching a video, not listening to music

It sounds like you're talking about when you're watching a video and the notification bar fades and you have a notification. Is this faded icon on the far left side of the notification bar and its a faded circle? If so, that just indicates you have a notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer