HTC M8 Verizon Dialing Issue

realfan

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I've had my HTC M8 (Verizon) for a few days now and I love it but for one major issue. My contacts are loaded on to the phone through the Exchange ActiveSync server. When I go to dial someone by either dialing their name into the phone keypad or their contact card and then hitting the number I want to call, the phone automatically appends 011 to all domestic numbers and my calls do not go through.

It is doing this because there is a "+" in front of every domestic number in my firm's Outlook contact directory from which the Exchange ActiveSync server is downloading the contact card. If I turn off Assisted Dialing, the phone doesn't know what to do with the "+" and I get a "your call cannot be placed" fast busy signal message.

I can't be the only corporate user of the M8 with this issue. Our setup is perfectly normal and works with iPhone, Samsung, etc. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this issue? Thanks.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The 011 is an exit code used for making international calls. In your call settings, from within the call app, tap Home dialing settings and make sure at the top United States (+1) is selected and then below that Yes use number below +1...... See if that corrects your issue.

realfan

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
The 011 is an exit code used for making international calls. In your call settings, from within the call app, tap Home dialing settings and make sure at the top United States (+1) is selected and then below that Yes use number below +1...... See if that corrects your issue.

Thanks for the response. On my phone, I don't have "Home Dialing Settings" under the call app settings menu. Where I find the choices you ask me to make is under Assisted Diaing where I have reconfirmed that I am using the U.S as my home country. I believe the menu choices are different for AT&T versus Verizon according to an HTC rep with whom I spoke yesterday.

realfan

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I read that thread and then looked at the contacts on my phone and don't see the use of any extensions or anything like that. We have numbers that look like +1 (202) xxx-xxx. Our other supported devices are able to read these contact cards and make calls but the HTC seems unable to execute on this.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I read that thread and then looked at the contacts on my phone and don't see the use of any extensions or anything like that. We have numbers that look like +1 (202) xxx-xxx. Our other supported devices are able to read these contact cards and make calls but the HTC seems unable to execute on this.

If these contacts are yours in Exchange you could try editing a contact and remove the +1 from the contact's number and see if that resolves the issue. Of course if they are coming from a shared contact directory editing the number will probably not be an option. It just may be the way the Htc dialer is interpreting the contact number causing the issue. In that case you may want to try an alternative dialer from the Play App Store. There any many to choose from. Ex Dialer comes pretty highly recommended and has a free trial version to try, https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=com.modoohut.dialer&hl=en&token=UsXZSMkr

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe someone else will offer a resolution for you.

realfan

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
The directory is shared so I can't edit it. I tried the alternative dialer you recommended and ran into the same exact issue. I really appreciate your advice and attempts to help me. I welcome feedback from anyone else who is experiencing the same. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The directory is shared so I can't edit it. I tried the alternative dialer you recommended and ran into the same exact issue. I really appreciate your advice and attempts to help me. I welcome feedback from anyone else who is experiencing the same. I can't imagine I'm the only one.

I expect that the +1 is the root of your problems and how the Htc dialer is interpreting that along with your assisted dialing settings. I found a link HTC One (Verizon Wireless) Support - Using Assisted dialing | HTC United States to settings instructions for the Verizon model. You may want to try with the assisted dialing "on" after editing the settings for U.S., remove the IDD/NDD prefix and save.

realfan

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I expect that the +1 is the root of your problems and how the Htc dialer is interpreting that along with your assisted dialing settings. I found a link HTC One (Verizon Wireless) Support - Using Assisted dialing | HTC United States to settings instructions for the Verizon model. You may want to try with the assisted dialing "on" after editing the settings for U.S., remove the IDD/NDD prefix and save.

Thanks again. I have confirmed directly with HTC that my settings are correct. However, whenever I try to remove the IDD/NDD prefix, the dialer demands data in those fields. I can't leave them blank. I think you are correct in terms of the heart of the issue. The +1 is being misinterpreted. Again, thanks so much for trying to help. Very much appreciated.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks again. I have confirmed directly with HTC that my settings are correct. However, whenever I try to remove the IDD/NDD prefix, the dialer demands data in those fields. I can't leave them blank. I think you are correct in terms of the heart of the issue. The +1 is being misinterpreted. Again, thanks so much for trying to help. Very much appreciated.

As a last resort you could export your Exchange contacts as csv, import them into your gmail or other account contacts and edit them there...

roadrunner95

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the exact same issue however it is only for the 202 area code. I can call any other area code and they can call me. For some reason the HTC doesn't understand the 202 area code.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38