Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Re: Is there any lag on the HTC One (M8)?

I've had my HTC One M8 since mid April and would have answered just like all of you guys. Buttery smooth, zero lag.

But lately, I start to notice very serious lag. I'm running AT&T stock, version 4.4.2. I've tried wiping cache from recovery which sometimes seems to help. I've tried unmounting the Sandisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card I've been using, which sometimes seems to help.

I'm wondering if doing a factory reset is the only thing I can do to get back that awesome smooth performance.

Anyone else noticed LAG degradation over the 6 months they've had their One M8?

Quote Originally Posted by phlow View Post
    I've had my HTC One M8 since mid April and would have answered just like all of you guys. Buttery smooth, zero lag.

But lately, I start to notice very serious lag. I'm running AT&T stock, version 4.4.2. I've tried wiping cache from recovery which sometimes seems to help. I've tried unmounting the Sandisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card I've been using, which sometimes seems to help.

I'm wondering if doing a factory reset is the only thing I can do to get back that awesome smooth performance.

Anyone else noticed LAG degradation over the 6 months they've had their One M8?
    I have. I recently completely wiped my device and started fresh. Before wipe I had a ton of apps installed, and after wipe, I've reinstalled maybe 30 or so apps and I get the occasional lag.

When I switch on BT, listen to streaming music through my car, somtimes turning the screen on and bringing up the kb to type my PW in will lag.

Installing apps sometimes lag the device. For the most part, maybe 80% of the time it's super smooth, but then randomly sometimes it'll slow down real bad.

Not to mention opening the camera lags.. taking a photo lags, closing out of the camera lags. This is a freshly wiped device and when I first got it was extremely fast.

Keyboard animations lag on mine. I can't use any keyboards which pop up the keys as the animation lagging behind is so distracting. Changing the animation scale in developer options appears to have no effect on this.

I also get done lag when the phone is installing apps in the background and the camera can be show to open.

I was blown away with the one m8 when I got it even coming from a nexus 5. I still enjoy it but it's not quite as fluid and speedy as it once was and I don't run that many apps and have tried a factory reset with little difference

Posted via the Android Central App

I have compared my HTC one m8's performance to the iPhone 6 and Samsung galaxy a5 and there is comparison !! The M8 is smooth and fluid ! The s5 lags and stutters something horrible. A lot of people have doubts about the camera on the m8 due to the lower resolution, but the number of mega pixels have nothing to do with the quality of the image !! Resolution only really matters when zooming in far or blowing an image up large, otherwise Apple wouldve chnaged their camera long ago !! What matters is the sensors, lens, and mainly the quality of pixels or pixel size !! The M8 uses a duo camera, which captures MUCH more detail then other cameras giving it a much better look, almost making the image look 3 dimensional, with plenty of depth ! The m8's camera also has some of the most camera options I've seen on a camera phone !! Its Truly a great camera ! Also due to its lower resolution the images aren't downsized to crap when sharing images to Facebook or through email !! My father has the iPhone 6 and my gf has the s5 and both are jealous of my HTC ONE M8 and love the camera so much they usually use my phone to take family photos !! As long as your not zooming in I think the m8's camera looks much better and more detailed then the iPhone 6's camera as well as the galaxy s5 camera !!

Also anyone with the HTC one m8, you can make your phone even faster and more fluid by going to about phone and clicking on build number 7 times to get developer options. Then go to developer options and scroll to the bottom and click ADVANCED, and then change all 3 animations settings from "1" down to ".5" this will make your phone MUCH faster ! If you want sharper graphics for gaming or videos check "FORCE MSAA" . Also in developer options you can maximize cpu performance, and make your phone a beast but maximizing the cpu performance will drain your battery faster. After you lower your animations from 1 to .5 , restart your phone for the changes to take. Force gpu rendering will also make your phone use less battery and run faster and a little more fluid, which lowers the graphics a bit but nothing that noticeable. So basically go to developer options and lower your 3 animations settings and your phone will be much faster and smoother. DO NOT DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS COMPLETELY, BECAUSE THIS WILL GET RID OF THE ANIMATIONS COMPLETELY.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234