Is there any lag on the HTC One (M8)?

Dewesh Pathak

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Is there any lag on the M8?

My Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was working all fine without a single issue till date from the date of purchase (14 months from the date of purchase) but today it hang all of a sudden. I have not installed any new apps today or yesterday as such, also i didn't do any thing unusual with the phone. When the phone hang, i removed the battery and restart the device. It restarts, works for hardly one minute before a message comes as "notification: toggle is active" and then phone is hung. Please let me know what should be done to make toggle inactive.

please someone help with solution

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

No Lag for me, had the phone a few weeks now and its been just as fast if not faster than my 5s, and I do not have to use a 3rd party launcher to not have lag :)

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

My Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 was working all fine without a single issue till date from the date of purchase (14 months from the date of purchase) but today it hang all of a sudden. I have not installed any new apps today or yesterday as such, also i didn't do any thing unusual with the phone. When the phone hang, i removed the battery and restart the device. It restarts, works for hardly one minute before a message comes as "notification: toggle is active" and then phone is hung. Please let me know what should be done to make toggle inactive.

please someone help with solution

I think you are in the wrong forum.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8734726)

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

Just went to the Verizon store for the 4th time trying out the M8 and GS5. I still could not get the M8 to hiccup and the GS5 totally locked up for like 10 seconds when I started using. I'm sure it just had a bunch of apps running or something getting played with all day, but I see it as an omen! Ha. I ordered an M8 today and the Spigen Slim Armor case. Can't wait until it gets here! I should be able to get a decent amount for my Razr Maxx on ebay since it has always been in a case and with a screen protector, so this may end up not costing much at all!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If you're going to compare the One to the GS5 in terms of speed, the M8 will be faster than the GS5 every time. HTC seem to have better software engineers than Samsung and can make the UI super fast and smooth. Either that ir the Touchwiz UI is so heavy apps/features that it sliws the UI down. Tech sites all seem to agree that the M8 is the faster and smoother experience, so I always find it amusing when I read the GS5 has 'no lag' from, surprise surprise, GS5 owners. Open up the phone app, the contacts app, the gallery app. See that delay? Yeah that's lag. The home screen stutters when you swipe through it? Again, lag. No such thing on the One.

Not to say that the GS5 is a slow phone, it's not. It's just not as fast as the One. Nothing wrong with it. It's not excruciatingly slow or anything. But if you're going to compare, that's just how it is.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

alyled

May 5, 2014
Visit site

I've not experienced any lag whatsoever. However, I've only installed 4 apps, and I don't use any launchers of any kind (yet). Been using the phone continuously for about the last 4 days.

twin100

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This section might be hidden on some phones, but it?s very easy to access. On many phones, you just have to open a certain page in the settings and tap a button seven times. Use Google to figure out how to enable Developer options on your phone if it?s currently hidden (for example, search ?enable developer options HTC One?).

Once you have access to Developer options, simply scroll until you find the following three settings, which may be located on the main screen or within an ?Advanced? subsection:

Window animation scale

Transition animation scale

Animator animation scale

Tapping each of the three aforementioned settings will reveal that it?s set to ?1x? by default. If you want to speed up your phone or tablet dramatically, simply change each of those three settings to ?.5x? ? that?s it.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine has serious lag when dialing a phone number. Lags about 2 to 3 numbers behind whenever i do it. Very annoying. Am i the only one experiencing this?

RockyMtnRedRaider

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Insanely fast phone, almost scary. Blows the doors off the GS5 and even is faster than 5S with iOS 7.1. Do dude by side comparisons. No contest. M8 is killer.

Posted via Android Central App

phlow

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I've had my HTC One M8 since mid April and would have answered just like all of you guys. Buttery smooth, zero lag.

But lately, I start to notice very serious lag. I'm running AT&T stock, version 4.4.2. I've tried wiping cache from recovery which sometimes seems to help. I've tried unmounting the Sandisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card I've been using, which sometimes seems to help.

I'm wondering if doing a factory reset is the only thing I can do to get back that awesome smooth performance.

Anyone else noticed LAG degradation over the 6 months they've had their One M8?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've had my HTC One M8 since mid April and would have answered just like all of you guys. Buttery smooth, zero lag.

But lately, I start to notice very serious lag. I'm running AT&T stock, version 4.4.2. I've tried wiping cache from recovery which sometimes seems to help. I've tried unmounting the Sandisk Ultra 64GB MicroSDXC Class 10 UHS Memory Card I've been using, which sometimes seems to help.

I'm wondering if doing a factory reset is the only thing I can do to get back that awesome smooth performance.

Anyone else noticed LAG degradation over the 6 months they've had their One M8?

I have. I recently completely wiped my device and started fresh. Before wipe I had a ton of apps installed, and after wipe, I've reinstalled maybe 30 or so apps and I get the occasional lag.

When I switch on BT, listen to streaming music through my car, somtimes turning the screen on and bringing up the kb to type my PW in will lag.

Installing apps sometimes lag the device. For the most part, maybe 80% of the time it's super smooth, but then randomly sometimes it'll slow down real bad.

Not to mention opening the camera lags.. taking a photo lags, closing out of the camera lags. This is a freshly wiped device and when I first got it was extremely fast.

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Keyboard animations lag on mine. I can't use any keyboards which pop up the keys as the animation lagging behind is so distracting. Changing the animation scale in developer options appears to have no effect on this.

I also get done lag when the phone is installing apps in the background and the camera can be show to open.

I was blown away with the one m8 when I got it even coming from a nexus 5. I still enjoy it but it's not quite as fluid and speedy as it once was and I don't run that many apps and have tried a factory reset with little difference

Posted via the Android Central App

Freddyb123

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have compared my HTC one m8's performance to the iPhone 6 and Samsung galaxy a5 and there is comparison !! The M8 is smooth and fluid ! The s5 lags and stutters something horrible. A lot of people have doubts about the camera on the m8 due to the lower resolution, but the number of mega pixels have nothing to do with the quality of the image !! Resolution only really matters when zooming in far or blowing an image up large, otherwise Apple wouldve chnaged their camera long ago !! What matters is the sensors, lens, and mainly the quality of pixels or pixel size !! The M8 uses a duo camera, which captures MUCH more detail then other cameras giving it a much better look, almost making the image look 3 dimensional, with plenty of depth ! The m8's camera also has some of the most camera options I've seen on a camera phone !! Its Truly a great camera ! Also due to its lower resolution the images aren't downsized to crap when sharing images to Facebook or through email !! My father has the iPhone 6 and my gf has the s5 and both are jealous of my HTC ONE M8 and love the camera so much they usually use my phone to take family photos !! As long as your not zooming in I think the m8's camera looks much better and more detailed then the iPhone 6's camera as well as the galaxy s5 camera !!

Freddyb123

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Also anyone with the HTC one m8, you can make your phone even faster and more fluid by going to about phone and clicking on build number 7 times to get developer options. Then go to developer options and scroll to the bottom and click ADVANCED, and then change all 3 animations settings from "1" down to ".5" this will make your phone MUCH faster ! If you want sharper graphics for gaming or videos check "FORCE MSAA" . Also in developer options you can maximize cpu performance, and make your phone a beast but maximizing the cpu performance will drain your battery faster. After you lower your animations from 1 to .5 , restart your phone for the changes to take. Force gpu rendering will also make your phone use less battery and run faster and a little more fluid, which lowers the graphics a bit but nothing that noticeable. So basically go to developer options and lower your 3 animations settings and your phone will be much faster and smoother. DO NOT DISABLE THE ANIMATIONS COMPLETELY, BECAUSE THIS WILL GET RID OF THE ANIMATIONS COMPLETELY.