Kit Kat SD issues

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
So I see all these posts about not having the same capabilities as previous os like 4.3 and lower about moving files and etc. So if I were to download music can I move the music to the sd card? If not I'm going to return this 64gb sd card and pay to have my internal memory upgraded.

Thanks
Joe

Posted via Android Central App

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
So I see all these posts about not having the same capabilities as previous os like 4.3 and lower about moving files and etc. So if I were to download music can I move the music to the sd card? If not I'm going to return this 64gb sd card and pay to have my internal memory upgraded.

Thanks
Joe

You can't download music with your phone and then move it to the sd card. You can use a PC to do it, though. Or if you use an app like google play music, you can set it to store cached music to your sd card.

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Currently I'm transferring music from iTunes onto my SD card, well I thought. But apparently it's going into my internal storage and not on my SD card. I'm using a app I downloaded on the computer called wondershare mobile go for Android. I'm absolutely frustrated because I want to get 20gb of music onto my SD card. When I use es file Explorer, it says it's in the storage/emulated/0/ which obviously not the sd card. Also it shows up in the device/sdcard/music but when I unmounted my SD card, it was still all on my phone... I need help. I want it all on my SD. Also when I go to storage it calculates and my device music keeps going up and up. I'm getting pissed. I simply want my f***king music on my SD and no where in my internal memory

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Currently I'm transferring music from iTunes onto my SD card, well I thought. But apparently it's going into my internal storage and not on my SD card. I'm using a app I downloaded on the computer called wondershare mobile go for Android. I'm absolutely frustrated because I want to get 20gb of music onto my SD card. When I use es file Explorer, it says it's in the storage/emulated/0/ which obviously not the sd card. Also it shows up in the decice/sdcard/music but when I unmounted my SD card, it was still all on my phone... I need help. I want it all on my SD. Also when I go to storage it calculates and my device music keeps going up and up. I'm getting pissed. I simply want my f***king music on my SD and no where in my internal memory

Connect the phone to your PC, open the little media player icon that shows up as a drive and then drag files to the folder for your external card.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Currently I'm transferring music from iTunes onto my SD card, well I thought. But apparently it's going into my internal storage and not on my SD card. I'm using a app I downloaded on the computer called wondershare mobile go for Android. I'm absolutely frustrated because I want to get 20gb of music onto my SD card. When I use es file Explorer, it says it's in the storage/emulated/0/ which obviously not the sd card. Also it shows up in the device/sdcard/music but when I unmounted my SD card, it was still all on my phone... I need help. I want it all on my SD. Also when I go to storage it calculates and my device music keeps going up and up. I'm getting pissed. I simply want my f***king music on my SD and no where in my internal memory

Or Download all your songs from iTunes and then use google music manager to upload then to your google account. Then download them to your phone and move them to the SD card

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, you cannot "upgrade the internal memory". It's not user replaceable/upgradable like a PC.
KK just sees ES Explorer as another app trying to get access to folders it didn't write.
The huge issue here (well, besides google's royally screwing their users in the name of "security") is the fact that HTC, knowing that KK did not allow third party file explorers to function, chose to not include an on-board file explorer! That's completely negligent. They add stupid wonky focus gimmicks and other junk and they can't add a basic file explorer to a $700 top-of-the-line device?

joe morgan4

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Well I found a solution. I simply moved all my music files in iTunes to the SD card on the computer. Over 30 gigs of music on the SD card and works flawlessly on my phone. I'm kind of OCD about where files were going on my sd card on my old phone. I guess for now or now I'll have to just manage it on the computer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884