Speaker "blocked" by something.

Harime

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I want to know if the following in the picture is normal.

2014-05-05 16.14.24.jpg

The sound is good, but I'm not sure if that's like a kind of glue or if it should be there at all.

Could I perhaps unblock them with a thin needle or something?

Thank you.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
It's intentional, that's how all of them are. My guess as to why is so they don't have unnecessary holes that would allow dirt or dust to get into the phone. The speaker is only on the left side and the three holes to the right are the microphone.

Posted via Android Central App

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
phone grills.jpg

Don't mind the pocket lint. That's the best I could do as I don't have a macro lens for my DSLR. You can slightly see the 3 holes up in the middle top for the mic (I assume) but otherwise they looks more or less the same.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 116444

Don't mind the pocket lint. That's the best I could do as I don't have a macro lens for my DSLR. You can slightly see the 3 holes up in the middle top for the mic (I assume) but otherwise they looks more or less the same.

Hold your phone at an angle with some better lighting, like the op, and see if it still looks like that

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
_MG_7056.jpg
_MG_7053.jpg

Those were the best I could do, sorry they're a little blurry. I tried to get it under a lamp and under the outside light through a sliding door, but neither showed what the OP has. There might be a very slight difference in some of the holes, but it's hardly noticeable. The first M8 I had though had a little bit more like what the OP has, but on the top grill. It still wasn't that bad though.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
View attachment 116456
View attachment 116459

Those were the best I could do, sorry they're a little blurry. I tried to get it under a lamp and under the outside light through a sliding door, but neither showed what the OP has. There might be a very slight difference in some of the holes, but it's hardly noticeable. The first M8 I had though had a little bit more like what the OP has, but on the top grill. It still wasn't that bad though.

Interesting, mine aren't as bad as the op but they definitely don't look like yours

Regardless, the extra holes aren't needed. The speaker is only on the left side about half the length of the actual holes

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Speakers are round. They aren't long, thin rectangles, meaning they couldn't possibly fill the whole space or even half of it. So, HTC naturally wants to cover up the extra space, for our benefit.
FWIW, on mine you can't see the fill at all. I don't know if they left a bigger gap or used a black panel but it doesn't show the way it does in the pics here.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I want to know if the following in the picture is normal.

View attachment 116383

The sound is good, but I'm not sure if that's like a kind of glue or if it should be there at all.

Could I perhaps unblock them with a thin needle or something?

Thank you.

Mine looks exactly like yours right down to the three hole dots directly in the middle of the phone in the top row.

This is how they all are. It is not glue. I think the extra holes that don't go all the way through are for aesthetic purposes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aesthetics1