should I factory reset or return or nah?

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not too happy with battery life compared to every one else(average 8 hours use, 6 hours screen on time with power saver). I find that my app usage is very high(screenshots below). What should I do/any tips?

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you forgot to attach the screenshots. With 6 hours of screen time I'd say that doesn't sound all that bad. There's some people on here getting a bunch of screen time and all day battery life, but the average seems to be 1-3 hours to 12-15 hours screen on/total. Can look into it in more detail with screenshots though.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh, didn't realize they'd be in a comment. I'd still say considering how active you are on your M8 those stats aren't outside the norm. But I'm not as good at reading battery stats as a lot of people here seem to be, so anyone who cares to feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

thepurpleturtle

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
But sometimes my android system and system kernel each take up %10 which totals %20, even when the screen is almost always on. Is there any ways to fix this/ what processes does the android system and kernel control?

ChrisGonzales90

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Turn off any radios you are not using such as gps and make sure you run into off wifi scannjng the while sleeping.

Posted via Android Central App on the HTC One M8

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, your kernel and system percentage is virtually identical to mine. Today I've gotten 15.5 hours with somewhere around 3.5 hours of screen on time. If you want to give it a try you could wipe it and reload apps slowly to see if that's a problem. Or do any of the standard battery saving tricks. But I do think it's mainly the screen on time that's getting you.

Sent from my HTC One M8

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm just annoyed that other people get 7-8 hours of screen on time and like a few days of use

they are not telling you that thier screen brightness is set at 10% on thier bogus tests. Stop fretting, start enjoying.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Your stats sound just fine.. Honestly..

My question is... Are you running into issues with the battery? Such as it dying when you need it and are out? If not and you're just annoyed at having to charge.. Then you'd have to get a phone that you could battery swap or simply plug up.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
But I did a factory reset and my app usage is 46.5% and my screen Is 45%. I think the app usage is too high

My question still stands.. If you have no issue using your phone and it lasting you through your day.. Then you're fine... Your usage times are like an hour or so less than the "others"... But the others could have stuff off you don't... Use less brightness... Have better cell signal... There are so many factors.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Like the brightness is 1/3. All sync is off. Almost always on Wi-Fi.

Comparing your battery life to others can be dangerous. No one uses their phone the same way. People have different apps, and even if they have the same ones, they probably spend time in each app differently than you.

As Almeuit asked: Is your phone dying before you're done with the day? If not, then you're essentially comparing benchmark stats. You may "score" less than someone else, but if you don't actually have a noticeable problem in everyday usage then don't stress out about it.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
His stats are fine. Lots of factors go into how your battery will perform, one of the main factors is your connection. Are on Wi-Fi, 3g, 4th, spark? Do you bounce in and out of service? This will chew through your battery. Apps running, google location services, screen brightness, screen on time. Etc. Everyone can see difference results. From what I've seen from the screen shots this is very normal, expected use

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89