Palm resting detection

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I just noticed that my M8 doesn't have any kind of palm resting detection, so that the touchscreen won't register accidental taps.
My iPhone 5S has that and while this is not a big problem, this attention to detail is something I would like to see on the M8 too..
Have you noticed similar behavior on your M8?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just noticed that my M8 doesn't have any kind of palm resting detection, so that the touchscreen won't register accidental taps.
My iPhone 5S has that and while this is not a big problem, this attention to detail is something I would like to see on the M8 too..
Have you noticed similar behavior on your M8?

I don't even know how you'd rest your palm on your phone... Never had a problem with that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

petvas72

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't even know how you'd rest your palm on your phone... Never had a problem with that.

Well, it's not exactly palm resting on the phone. Sometimes my hand touches the edge of the screen accidentaly and the HTC registers these touches as taps. This has never happened on my iPhone.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, it's not exactly palm resting on the phone. Sometimes my hand touches the edge of the screen accidentaly and the HTC registers these touches as taps. This has never happened on my iPhone.

Ah OK. Well since owning android phones for years now, I either have become immune to that bothering me or never had a problem with it. I understand how that can be annoying for you though. Honestly I'd just say that that'll have to be an adjustment you'll have to get used to. I don't know of any way around that.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I have definitely noticed this. I have never had this problem with other Samsung or Motorola or, as you mentioned, the iPhone. I am very aware of it now and I'm just more careful with handling the phone. It would still be nice if htc found a way to fix it. I'm not sure what the others do to avoid this issue.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Give me an example where the screen would come on while touching it.

I'm a little confused.

Example, if my device is on my desk and I touch the screen, nothing happens. I'd actually wish I could swipe up like I do with my BB10. But, I have to move the device (as if I'm about to pick it up) and then double tap the screen to wake it or swipe up to wake it.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Give me an example where the screen would come on while touching it.

I'm a little confused.

Example, if my device is on my desk and I touch the screen, nothing happens. I'd actually wish I could swipe up like I do with my BB10. But, I have to move the device (as if I'm about to pick it up) and then double tap the screen to wake it or swipe up to wake it.

If I am holding the phone in my hand and walking. If I make a motion accidentally on the screen it will come on. If you accidentally swipe down then you activate the voice dialing. I have called someone this way by accident just yesterday. I have never had this issue with any other phone. I may turn gestures off unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa