Voice dialing directly from the lock screen

Nick Clemmons

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got my new HTC One M8 and I have an unusual question. I need a way to launch voice dialing (either the standard HTC one or through Google Now) directly from the lock screen. I'm open to suggestions such as custom launchers or some other method if necessary. I can't seem to get the standard swipe down gesture control to work consistently.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got my new HTC One M8 and I have an unusual question. I need a way to launch voice dialing (either the standard HTC one or through Google Now) directly from the lock screen. I'm open to suggestions such as custom launchers or some other method if necessary. I can't seem to get the standard swipe down gesture control to work consistently.

You can always swipe up from the bottom of the lock screen to get to Google now, say OK Google and then say call whoever.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Swiping from top downward is a direct link to voice dialing from the lock screen. This works even with a PIN.

EDIT- That is, from a screen OFF, swiping top down will bring up voice dialing. If you are already at the lock screen, then no.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Swiping from top downward is a direct link to voice dialing from the lock screen. This works even with a PIN.

EDIT- That is, from a screen OFF, swiping top down will bring up voice dialing. If you are already at the lock screen, then no.

Well he said he couldn't get that to work consistently, so I think that's why he's asking for other options.

Posted via Android Central App

Philipmom

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
You can swipe down from the dot view case being shut and voice dial. But they are like a unicorn to find. Drive from Washington to Ohio for our move found one in Montana and one in Ohio. Everywhere we stopped ( about 20 places were sold out )

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty