Background noise in calls

achilless

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I just picked up a new M8 and am loving it. The ONLY qualm I have is that there is some background fuzz during calls, no popping, just fuzz. Is this normal, or should I try to return it? Thanks so much!

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Fuzz that others hear when you're talking or that you hear when others are talking?

If you're hearing it, make sure you have a good signal and that the other person isn't in a loud or noisy environment. If the issue continues, it's definitely worth returning.

If others are hearing it when you're talking, then it's likely a microphone issue on your phone (unless you're in a loud/noisy environment). I'd take it in and see about getting a replacement.

achilless

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I hear it. People on the other end hear me fine. I am in a quiet environment. Not sure what to do. Will definitely keep the phone as it is awesome!

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Switch to speakerphone and see if the buzz goes away. This may tell you if the problem is with the earpiece speaker, and would probably mean an exchange. If the buzz remains, try in a couple different locations to insure it is not a local tower, or some other signal related issue.

achilless

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Seems to just be static...i can't really explain but. But it happens in different locations and with speaker on...it's not a buzz, but rather fuzz hahaha. Thanks for the responses. Gonna go to verizon to see what they think.

achilless

May 22, 2014
Visit site
The guy at the store said he didn't hear anything. Well, there was music in the store. This problem is definitely common among M8's, but it's annoying. Best phone I have owned, but speaker quality is finicky. Frustrating and not sure what to do. I know if I exchange it I would probably get another with similar problems (read up on this).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
During calls so... Headset or speaker? The faint buzz when it's really quiet could easily be the speaker just being on. When I had the M7 it would pop a few seconds after making a sound since the speakers powered down. It was a common occurrence and was only noticeable in really quiet places.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

achilless

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It might just be the speakers turning on and off...it happens when I preview a ringtone...the buzz comes on then stops after the preview stops. And I really only notice the buzz in quiet places. It is an annoyance, but the phone is so awesome I can't complain. I just want to get the most of it. It sounds as if this is normal though.
Oh, with headphones, this doesn't happen, so probably, again, just the speakers turning on and off. This didn't happen with my S4, but oh well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45