Current Location Weather Issue on HTC One M8

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, hit the post button too soon. Instead of giving my city I'm in, it'll say current location on the weather & clock.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, hit the post button too soon. Instead of giving my city I'm in, it'll say current location on the weather & clock.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

That's a bit confusing? It doesn't show your current location but it does? Or does it literally say "current location?"

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.4

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, doing a bunch of stuff at once. I live in California, so instead of saying which city I live in (I.e Long Beach) it's saying "current location" instead.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, doing a bunch of stuff at once. I live in California, so instead of saying which city I live in (I.e Long Beach) it's saying "current location" instead.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

So literally "current location?" No city name or anything?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this mentioned before. Do you have Location Services turned on?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I've seen this mentioned before. Do you have Location Services turned on?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Yeah, I tried device only & the other one in the GPS settings to no prevail it didn't help. I cleared the settings, disabled & 're enabled it. Heard it could be my signal, but I have 3 bars right now.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I tried device only & the other one in the GPS settings to no prevail it didn't help. I cleared the settings, disabled & 're enabled it. Heard it could be my signal, but I have 3 bars right now.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Have you tried simply turning it off? When you do that it should just display one of the pre set cities.

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕??????

Most people with current location displayed instead of their state/city/suburb have corrected the issue by:
Turning off Fastboot (if you have it turned on)
Turn off the phone (not restart, but turn off)
Wait a few minutes (to be sure temporary memory is wiped)
Turn the phone back on, and the problem is usually resolved.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Most people with current location displayed instead of their state/city/suburb have corrected the issue by:
Turning off Fastboot (if you have it turned on)
Turn off the phone (not restart, but turn off)
Wait a few minutes (to be sure temporary memory is wiped)
Turn the phone back on, and the problem is usually resolved.

Thank u, that worked. Idk what it was, I didn't have fast boot on though.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Something else semi related to Current Location for the weather app/widgets is the caller ID app can cause an issue. With the Caller ID app on (not subscribed to service) it may list something generic and unspecific (like your state - California for example). However with it disabled (using the method in the post linked below) current location will read the city name instead of the state name.
https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1127107#1127107

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had that happen too. The weather info was accurate, I think, but it showed Current Location. Went away on its own after some time.

The funniest was when it started showing "New Taipei City" when I was 2000 miles away from Taipei in Japan. I think, when it gets confused, maybe it just runs home to momma, and shows the place it was made?

The funny thing is that google location history showed I had been in Taipei, and I had only been in Japan and Korea. Very odd.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2