Story time! (M8)

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm an avid android user, been so for many years. I've gotten myself through sticky rooting and roming situations, helped many people out on these and other forums, and enjoy this community. I currently use an HTC One M8 and I love it.

So about three days ago, maybe four, my data crapped out on me. Still can text/call, just no data. I've done simple things like turning phone off/on, toggling airplane mode, nurturing it, etc. Nothing. Today I got around to pulling the Sim out and putting it back in. To my dismay, Nada.

So I go into settings one more time to toggle airplane mode and then I realize I've had possibly one of the biggest brain farts in my android troubleshooting fiascos, ever.

There's this little toggle called mobile data. Its not foreign to me, and I certainly know its there. Its in my settings and my notification toggles. But for some horrendous reason, it said OFF.....

THE END!

Posted via Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
My Mum is kind of new to the whole smart phone world, she currently has my old LG G2. So she calls me up one day, as she's walking to the shops. She tells me that the wifi signal keeps disappearing every time she leaves the house. She continues to blame me, "it must be your fault, you gave me this phone" She actually thought her wifi in the house was her signal, wherever she went she thought the wifi signal would follow her lol.

So I then had the pleasure of giving her an explanation to the difference to her home wifi network and her actual carrier network.

It was hard enough trying to get her familiar with the back buttons on the G2, I should have known from the beginning that it was going to be a tough ride :)

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
My Mum is kind of new to the whole smart phone world, she currently has my old LG G2. So she calls me up one day, as she's walking to the shops. She tells me that the wifi signal keeps disappearing every time she leaves the house. She continues to blame me, "it must be your fault, you gave me this phone" She actually thought her wifi in the house was her signal, wherever she went she thought the wifi signal would follow her lol.

So I then had the pleasure of giving her an explanation to the difference to her home wifi network and her actual carrier network.

It was hard enough trying to get her familiar with the back buttons on the G2, I should have known from the beginning that it was going to be a tough ride :)

Oh I can see that happening! For quite a while, I've pretty much had to explain the same exact thing multiple times to my mom...

Posted via Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
My mom has my old HTC M7, I had to show her how to send MMS, turn connections on, how the play store works lol. I get a ride out if it though.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress