my HTC m8 is terrible please help

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I took my phone off my charger at 5:10, and three hours later I have sent and received five text messages and I down to 93%. Is that normal?
Yep.

1-2℅ drain p/h and don't forget that (iianm) the phone doesn't keep the battery at exactly 100% when charged. It cycles on and off The last 5-10℅

A better value for your standby drain will be had if you left it for a day*....

*imagine, lol

SergiuB

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm a pretty new M8 user and I must say I had the same "issue" during the first few days. My advice is to wait until you go through a few cycles with it before you jump to any conclusions, the battery will last way longer. I think I'm now at about 15 cycles with it, and the last recharge happened after 2 days and 1 hour of battery use (it started with ~12 hours autonomy, but the usage was more intense as well).
Use wi-fi as often as possible (it drains the battery less than 3G/4G), activate energy saving, customize the email sync options (avoid push mail if possible - I personally use 1hour syncs), avoid live wallpapers (they drain more battery than standard ones). And if you want to protect your battery long-term, do not let it go under 20% before recharging.

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
The back and forth about how to treat a battery here is ridiculous. Discharge it all the way once a month, never discharge it all the way, do small top off charges, drain it all the way and do one large charge to 100, etc, etc, etc. Quite obviously no one knows, and quite obviously is doesn't f-ing matter.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nerf72

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
The back and forth about how to treat a battery here is ridiculous. Discharge it all the way once a month, never discharge it all the way, do small top off charges, drain it all the way and do one large charge to 100, etc, etc, etc. Quite obviously no one knows, and quite obviously is doesn't f-ing matter.

Posted via the Android Central App
There is no back and forth.
Battery care is relatively simple, logical and well established.

http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-of-your-smartphone-battery-the-right-w-513217256

Read and find enlightenment