HTC Advantage Question

ThaPimpShrimp

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

Hopefully some of you have used the HTC Advantage program for screen replacement before, I have a question about it. My 6 months is coming to an end so I need to get the process started pretty soon.

I would like to do the "Overnight Advanced Exchange" to get a new replacement phone. I was just about ready to go, when the guy sent me the terms. In it, they say they will charge you for any damage not included in the warranty. This includes things like drops.. and the charges are non-negotiable. My phone is in pretty good shape. I mostly want the replacement for some scratches on the screen, but it'd be nice of course to get a whole new device. I don't have a case on my phone and I have dropped it a few times, no major damage but there are some scratches/little chips along an edge. I also have wear marks on the back of the phone from where it sits on my desk, and I removed the crappy coating over the camera lens.

My questions are; will they charge me for these small damages? If so - about how much? Have any of you used the service and how did it go?

I can take some photos later if anyone would like.

Thank you!

ThaPimpShrimp

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
It is. My phone has some deep scratches in the glass. One of the options they give you is to have them send you a new phone, and then you mail them back your old one.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I used it for a screen replacement, but chose the option to have them repair my actual phone and send it back to me (I just put my SIM back in my old phone for the 10 days it was gone). I would assume that the "problems" with your phone would fall under normal wear and tear. But if you're really that concerned, I would suggest (if you have one available to you) putting your SIM into your old phone or one you can borrow from a friend and just have HTC replace the screen on your current device and have them send it back. Also, the phone that they send you (if you decide to go with that option) in not a "new" device. It's a refurbished device.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I used the service & chose the $19 option. I sent the phone to HTC first. Once received, they send out a refurbished device. My original M8 had a cracked screen and dented corners. It was also unlocked, rooted with s-off. I incurred no penalty and the exchange was complete in one week.

I had a very good experience with HTC.

Sent from my HTC One M8

SMCGREW0

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Waiting on my Replacement for HTC One m8. Do they replace phone of same color or is it random? Hoping to not get another gold one