Fast boot mode missing

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Fast boot mode missing in battery settings after lollipop update.
Anyone else notice this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I noticed it, but it is not like the M8 needs a fast boot to begin, as it already boots fast even with that option is disabled.

Sent from my HTC One M8

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Good. I thought I might have been an issue after the update.
Cheers

anon(9026430)

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
The problem is though that with the option missing, restarting the phone no longer clears the RAM & and temporary caches. In essence the option is permanently checked. That means that if anything is buggy and previously a quick restart would have solved the issue, you are now stuck. Also I used to restart the phone to clear the "system data" which is reported by DiskUsage. I now have no way to do that.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The problem is though that with the option missing, restarting the phone no longer clears the RAM & and temporary caches. In essence the option is permanently checked. That means that if anything is buggy and previously a quick restart would have solved the issue, you are now stuck. Also I used to restart the phone to clear the "system data" which is reported by DiskUsage. I now have no way to do that.

It's the opposite, the option is permanently unchecked

scorpio9730

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
I think I got hacked because I was getting weird emails and my phone was acting weird. I went to a site online and it said that the new Android update was bad and yo reinstall it. I did but it didn't take. Took it to Verizon and they ended up doing the same thing. However, now, my battery drains a lot faster than it used to. How can I check to see if something is draining it or if the Android app is screwing it up?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa