What happened to Bedtime Mode?

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After a recent firmware update on my Galaxy S23 phone, I see that the bedtime icon on my Galaxy Watch 6 is replaced with a new "modes" icon in the quick panel. Anyone else notice that? How can I get that bedtime mode feature back?

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps you have to activate "Sleep" as a mode? I wouldn't know, since my watch hasn't arrived yet (despite that I preordered). But I know they made this change on the latest version of OneUI on my phone, so perhaps they did a similar update on OneUI for WearOS.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a picture of what you mean by "modes"? I still have "sleep mode" on my 6 classic.
Sure. When I pull down the settings shade on my Watch 6 Classic I use to have an icon that looked like a bed and cresent moon (I believe). That icon is no longer available but instead I have the icon you see below in the top row center position (looks like a checkmark with a circular arrow). When I tap and hold that button a screen appears with the different "modes" available to select as shown in the 2nd photo.

20230821_044454.jpg

Here, I tap the "Sleep" button to put my watch into sleep mode and disables the volume and display from activating when I lift my arm. So, it is a little different now but I was able to figure out how to put my watch in sleep mode again.

20230821_044505.jpg

Reactions: Rose4uKY

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Is your watch LTE or WiFi? I have the wifi version. Why would an update on your phone, affect your watch...? I'm on Verizon with a Note 20U. Maybe your newer phone has a feature my Note doesn't?47mm20230821_102212.jpg

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Is your watch LTE or WiFi? I have the wifi version. Why would an update on your phone, affect your watch...? I'm on Verizon with a Note 20U. Maybe your newer phone has a feature my Note doesn't?47mm
My is BT/WiFi (not LTE). This happened right after the last OTA update to my Samsung Galaxy S23 phone. It might have been a coincidence, I',m not sure.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I'd guess it's from the update. Looks like they consolidated the different modes into one icon instead of individually listing them.

When was your last OTA?

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Sure. When I pull down the settings shade on my Watch 6 Classic I use to have an icon that looked like a bed and cresent moon (I believe). That icon is no longer available but instead I have the icon you see below in the top row center position (looks like a checkmark with a circular arrow). When I tap and hold that button a screen appears with the different "modes" available to select as shown in the 2nd photo.

View attachment 355587

Here, I tap the "Sleep" button to put my watch into sleep mode and disables the volume and display from activating when I lift my arm. So, it is a little different now but I was able to figure out how to put my watch in sleep mode again.

View attachment 355588
Well mine changed to this last night when I went to bed. I don't know what prompted the change either