lollipop for Verizon model, anyone get it yet?

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I think AC may have jumped the gun saying this is rolling out "now". No one seems to be getting it yet. Mo Versi of HTC said they were hoping for the first week of March. So it could be today or it could be Saturday.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I think AC may have jumped the gun saying this is rolling out "now". No one seems to be getting it yet. Mo Versi of HTC said they were hoping for the first week of March. So it could be today or it could be Saturday.

I agree. Other sites have been reporting it as well though. And Verizon must have the page up for it because there was a screen shot of it.

After getting the update on my Moto X 2014 I'm not sure I want it on my M8 yet anyway.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Other sites have been reporting it as well though. And Verizon must have the page up for it because there was a screen shot of it.

After getting the update on my Moto X 2014 I'm not sure I want it on my M8 yet anyway.

It's not uncommon for the carriers to post the support pages before the update is officially announced and rolls out. It's simply an indication that it should be here relatively soon. It very well could be today. Or it could be Saturday or any day in between. We'll see!

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Nothing here in Charlotte NC yet either, the Verizon forums said it was rolling out.

So people in the Verizon forums are reporting that they've received the update? I hope so!

Edit: I just looked, and I just see people posting articles. No one has actually said they've received it yet.

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I work at a co-location for Verizon based carrier termination services and in the same facility we have our switch Verizon has the servers that push out the data packers for OTA's and I own a VZW HTC M8, anytime any updates were pushed out to this particluar phone along with my co-workers LG G3 usually this server has anywhere from 200k-500k sessions running when OTA is being rolled out and dies down at around the 3 week mark. I haven't noticed any movement in those sessions and was running on normal tier 3 data packets up until about 10 minutes from writing this when the sessions jumped to 490k. All this meaning Verizon is pushing data to there OTA server only now, which means the initial roll out is imminent but has not started yet.

Take this with a grain of salt being I do not 100% have access to the data packets so this is a educated guess from experience. Same exact thing happened when my M8 got the "eye experience" update and that pushed the following day to my phone.

Hope this helps people understand the state of where there OTA is

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I work at a co-location for Verizon based carrier termination services and in the same facility we have our switch Verizon has the servers that push out the data packers for OTA's and I own a VZW HTC M8, anytime any updates were pushed out to this particluar phone along with my co-workers LG G3 usually this server has anywhere from 200k-500k sessions running when OTA is being rolled out and dies down at around the 3 week mark. I haven't noticed any movement in those sessions and was running on normal tier 3 data packets up until about 10 minutes from writing this when the sessions jumped to 490k. All this meaning Verizon is pushing data to there OTA server only now, which means the initial roll out is imminent but has not started yet.

Take this with a grain of salt being I do not 100% have access to the data packets so this is a educated guess from experience. Same exact thing happened when my M8 got the "eye experience" update and that pushed the following day to my phone.

Hope this helps people understand the state of where there OTA is

Great info! I hope you're right!

VerizonDroidMotoX

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I think on android authority or android police, not sure but one of those other android websites, somebody posted up screenshots of the OTA hitting there device. Which is strange because usually with these OTA's if one person has them then 1/8th of the other people with the M8's on VZW have it as well but that does not seem to be the case. The software that manages any updates on Verizon is going to run on GMT-0 so keep in mind by 7pm Eastern Time tonight is technically a new day for a over the air update so I really doubt we have much longer to wait. Our phones should be getting the update notice most likely starting around 7-10pm tonight hopefully that would really coincide with the activity on the servers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty