SInce updating to Android 5.0 Lollipop, why does my data turn on/off?

Zack Mcgee

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Android 5.0 Lollipop Data on/off

I recently updated my HTC One M8 to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) And I have always used a Data toggle widget to turn on data on and off.

For some reason, whenever i turn off my data A message pops up stating the following:

"Unless you use WiFi, you will no longer be able to use the Internet, Email, or other apps that require a data connection. Turn off the mobile data connection?"

This message appears every time i turn off my data, be it from the toggle or the settings. My question is How do I stop this message from appearing?

Screenshot_2015-03-06-08-07-44.jpg

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 5.0 Lollipop Data on/off

Usually there is a box allowing you to not show that pop-up in the future. For whatever reason it's not available to you (or possibly the M8 5.0 update) and you will be presented with that alert every time you disable data. You can try using an app such as Tasker (available in the Play Store here: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&token=UM4IvvuS) to automate when you want mobile data disabled (for example, between certain times of the day or by location). That may be a workaround to disabling mobile data and not being presented the pop-up every time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty