Which should I get the HTC M8 or LG G3?

Haseeb Rehman

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Torn between HTC M8 and LG G3, Help!

I'm currently a user of iPhone 6 and I love it. I was thinking of giving android another try and these phones caught my attention as they are available in the same price range in my country.
Which phone do you people think is the better option? I'm interested in G3 because of the display and those bezels. But M8 is interesting cuz it has no lag issues? and its built quality is marvellous but the 4 MP camera somewhat scares me.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Torn between HTC M8 and LG G3, Help!

I can only speak from the G3 perspective.... It's a really nice phone. The lag issues that plagued the phone early on have mostly been resolved. Recent updates have really smoothed out the UI. It may not be as smooth and fluid as the M8, but it is not a dog.

And the G3's camera is top notch... really... it might not be able to totally match something like the Note 4 in terms of pure quality, it is a rock solid and reliable camera. In the time I had one (my wife has one now), it took incredible pictures and messed up pics were few and far between. LG nailed it with that camera.

The M8 will obviously sound better... the only phone that can compare to it is the Nexus 6 (both have loud, front facing, stereo speakers), but the G3's speaker was still among the better ones that are rear facing.

I really liked my G3.. it felt good in the hand, the display was nice, and the form factor... The lack of bezels that you mention... but the buttons on the rear of the phone. I used to think it was a gimmick until I owned one. It was extremely easy to get used to and feels so much more natural than side buttons... I really miss that button placement.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site

M8 is the better i think of the two..both very solid devices though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

I debated between the two and am happy with the M8. I like a bezel because too narrow and my palm starts taping the screen when holding it in one hand. Even the M8 did that a but for me until I got my case. I also don't see any point in such a high resolution display on such a small screen like the G3. The 1080p on the M8 seems to be a good sweet spot, and the other hardware specs are about the same in performance. Even if they have ironed out lag in the G3, I think you still have more performance overhead to run its screen, meaning less for running apps and such. I also liked that the M8 had an SD slot, and I've been spoiled with with front facing stereo speakers.

The camera depends on your use, though. If you want to take a lot of zoom shots or blow them up, you'll certainly benefit from a higher resolution. For most people that just want quick pics for only sharing online and printing up to 8X10", the M8 is still a great camera in terms of clarity. It's a trade-off of which you prefer, IMHO. The duo effects have been fun to play around with, even if they are a little gimmicky.