Restore to latest version

nmr1987

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

I have recently purchased a HTC one M8 second hand however it doesn't want to load up and gets stuck on the welcome screen when I power it on.

I am however able to access recovery mode and fastboot but given that it won't turn on I am on able to see the device mounted when I plug it in to the computer.

I am hoping to do something akin to a format and reinstall the operating system but I have no clue where to start. I am a complete newbie to android phones haven previously had iphones.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

nmr1987

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi Carlos - thanks for the reply.

I am a complete newbie to this and given that when I plug the phone into the computer nothing happens I don't know how I can transfer the files to the SD card?

Fedginator

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
The SD card is in a slot on the side - take it out a get a micro sd adapter to put things in it via a computer

Posted via the Android Central App

nmr1987

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi all - I have received my micro sd adapter and trying to follow one of the guides but my phone is currently s-on rather than s-off. Is there any way to go about changing this? i am only able to enter bootloader at the moment as recovery mode just keeps freezing and not loading.

Thanks in advance

Nick