Typing on the HTC M8 - keep making mistakes and too sensitive?

mikeyboy80

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Whenever I type with the stock keyboard I'm constantly making mistakes. When I use swift key, it's pretty much the same but slightly better. Just wondered after a while would swift key get better with my typing as I use it more, ie it learning how I type?

matthewm951

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey for awhile now. Works great for me. One thing I did notice is within the built in email app, the space bar jumps back one space and leads to typos. Seems like it only happens at the beginning of the email. Very small issue imo. Love SwiftKey

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks so does it get better with learning experience?
Referring to SwiftKey, which I've used for years. It does learn from your typing, so the longer you use it, the better it predicts word choices for you. I often find I never have to type or slide out words. Entire sentences can be selected from the word bar.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this a new phone to you? It could simply boil down to being a muscle memory thing with the lack of tactile feedback on a touch screen. When I switch phones, I find myself making mistakes, even using Swype and it's usually great for "absorbing" goofy swipes. But over time I get better and can sometimes swipe out an entire text without looking at the screen.

andreirad

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I just started to use SwiftKey and is definitely better then the original keyboard especially because I type in two languages.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6