Random remote widget!! Freezing phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
iv tried hard closing my pone and it wont turn off. i have the GS6 nothing is working!!!

Welcome to Android Central! On Samsung phones, press and hold Power and Vol Down together for about 10-15 seconds to force a shutdown.

bcdavies

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I have this remote app freezing my phone but when i try a hard restart by holding the power and volume buttons down it says restarting and hold for 10 seconds but it wont turn off then i tried doing it till phone turned off but nothing again any help ???

tobrienne

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys! I just had that exact same issue this morning so I believe there was some sort of an update that happened so this is what I did.

****It is important to note WHICH phone you have! Anything before the GS6 has battery access so if you are frozen - rip the battery out.
For GS6 users press the volume down button then press the power button and hold them simultaneously. The power menu will pop up (reboot, shut off,flight mode, etc) Be patient! It might take 10 secs or it might take 30 secs just hold those two together until the bugger dies :)

Once it reboots swipe down, go to your app manager and find the Peel Smart remote, first uninstall the updates and then disable the app. You will see the floaty remote disappear as soon as you uninstall the updates but go for the safer method and disable the app.

Hope this helps!

cuznmonkey

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
worked like a charm.....THAT was an annoying little app. I have digital wireless cable so I already have the app for my TV. You're the best.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have this remote app freezing my phone but when i try a hard restart by holding the power and volume buttons down it says restarting and hold for 10 seconds but it wont turn off then i tried doing it till phone turned off but nothing again any help ???

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have?

ZenMama16

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site
I installed what I thought were Samsung updates on 2/7/2016 and now I have a ghost like phone icon floating across my screen. Twice now I've initiated it and my phone freezes up for hours. Is this a virus? The updates seemed legit but why is my phone crashing and freezing? What is this icon? I won't touch it again but I need to know what it is and why it's there. Any one else have this issue? I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is only 8 months old.:(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I installed what I thought were Samsung updates on 2/7/2016 and now I have a ghost like phone icon floating across my screen. Twice now I've initiated it and my phone freezes up for hours. Is this a virus? The updates seemed legit but why is my phone crashing and freezing? What is this icon? I won't touch it again but I need to know what it is and why it's there. Any one else have this issue? I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 that is only 8 months old.:(

Welcome to Android Central! Have you had a chance to read through this thread yet? You should be able to find out how to disable the Peel Remote app. (It may be that one of the Moderators merged your thread with this bigger thread, since it's the same issue.)

Loobsarella

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I just had this remote floating icon suddenly appear on my HTC One m9 and when I tried to swipe it away, I accidently clicked on it and it completely froze my phone! What is that all about? Panicked a bit but then found this thread and followed the earlier instructions and they worked. You have to hold the power button and volume up button down at the same time for about 10-15 seconds. Patience is required. Phone then reboots and went into Settings-Apps-Peel Smart Remote. Uninstalled all of the updates for this app, cleared the data, then disabled it and mobile is back to normal. Why do they release things like this, which randomly pop up on your screen, then lock it?Very upsetting! Thanks for the help.

Scaff

Feb 11, 2016
Visit site
I had this also, but also had a lot of other settings randomised, not just the remote widget on lock screen. Can I ask if any other M8 users have noticed odd settings appearing (new icons on quick settings screen, changes to location settings, request for confirmation of launcher despite no update being installed, etc)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty