Specs Leaked in Supposed New Benchmark

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Eh, that seems about right. Remember that 32GB actually has ~29.5GB of usable storage due to formatting and discrepancies between software programmers (1024MB=1GB) and hardware manufacturers (1000MB=1GB). So it's more like 6GB is being used by Android, pre-installed apps, and pre-installed carrier bloatware.

That 12MP front facing camera looks like it will be an awesome feature especially with my upcoming social events. The more I read, the more I'm inclined to think that the M9 Max (or whatever they call the 5.5" version) will be my next smartphone.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Eh, that seems about right. Remember that 32GB actually has ~29.5GB of usable storage due to formatting and discrepancies between software programmers (1024MB=1GB) and hardware manufacturers (1000MB=1GB). So it's more like 6GB is being used by Android, pre-installed apps, and pre-installed carrier bloatware.

That 12MP front facing camera looks like it will be an awesome feature especially with my upcoming social events. The more I read, the more I'm inclined to think that the M9 Max (or whatever they call the 5.5" version) will be my next smartphone.

One can hope for a GPE M9 or M9 Plus, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Nice to see them moving to 32gb as the minimum now. And the space for the end user is about spot on.

Posted via S5, G3 or Turbo.

markymark

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
These "specs" seem pretty bogus to me. Why would they have a 5" version and a 5.1" version? I call BS. We'll find out in a week and a half.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
These "specs" seem pretty bogus to me. Why would they have a 5" version and a 5.1" version? I call BS. We'll find out in a week and a half.

Word is there will be two different variations. It's mentioned in the first sentence of the linked story. Like you said - we will know soon enough.

Posted via S5, G3 or Turbo.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site

The article did say that the screen size specs are often incorrect with that benchmark app and it is unlikely that HTC will come out with an M9 only 0.1" bigger than the standard model.

Senden

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Hope this is false.. no mention of a Micro SD slot and only 23gb available storage? In my honest opinion, in 2015 for a flagship device, only 23gb storage seems extremely low with no possibility of expansion.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
The previous flagship HTC phones had memory slots, I see no reason why either M9 wouldn't. The specs also don't mention OIS for the cameras.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
The article did say that the screen size specs are often incorrect with that benchmark app and it is unlikely that HTC will come out with an M9 only 0.1" bigger than the standard model.

I have a feeling that the 5.1 QHD phone is going to be the new butterfly for Asia only. A true "max" phone will be more like 5.5" and have a Qualcomm-snapdragon processor in it.

Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biggles