How is the One M9 treating you?

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Hello All,

I am interested in the one M9 and i am aware of the camera and all of the rumors and allegations out there. But i want to ask those of you who have been using it after the updates how is the heat i know metal phones get hot but I am concerned if there is actual throttling that occurs which impedes performance. I have been searching but most reports are when the phone first came out so i want to see how it is doing this far along. Thank you for any help i am returning my s6 edge and would rather go to the one m9 but my other option is the g4.

kilskev

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I've used the one m9 for a while. My opinion is very good phone before and after the update. I too have a m8 to compare i ran benchmark on both and they both had about the same temperature. Never used a g4 so I can't comment

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Simon schof

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Had mine since launch and love it. It has never overheated and runs so smoothly. Camera is good and so is battery life. Get a day and a half out of mine when in extreme power saving mode overnight. Overall an excellent phone. My last phone was M7.

Posted via the Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I got mine when HTC had the one day 25% sale. As soon as i got it, i updated to 5.1, hard reset and set it up from scratch. Been a great phone.
Upgraded from M8 with brief Note 3 and Nexus 6 use in between.
I have yet to notice any sever over heating.
I took these pics this morning of an Armadillo at my office. TO me they look good and its stock settings on the camera. (yes im in Texas.)2015-08-07 07.05.32.jpg2015-08-07 07.05.19.jpg2015-08-07 07.09.43.jpg

daniel-k

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with mine. Never had a problem. One thing that no one ever mentions, but my M9 has the best call quality of any cell phone I've had or used. That should count for something.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It's good for me since I had it. The battery isn't on the par of the OnePlus phones, but it's very above average

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any major problems with mine. Happy with it overall. Recently I've had a battery hit, but trying to figure out what it is.

taronba25

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any over heating problems. The phone does get warm, not hot and never lags, ever! The camera is more than serviceable, it takes great pictures and I can do anything ecommerce wise with this phone!

Last edited:

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your replies this really helps I am not concerned with if the phone feels warm I was primarily concerned with throttling and that does not seem to be the case

Posted via the Android Central App

idon12no

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my phone slowing down after the latest T-Mobile update. It turns out I had gotten into the habit of closing my apps as soon as I was done with them, and that seems to have become an issue for whatever reason. Now, I just leave apps open, and my phone seems as smooth as ever

lonnie0526

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
In the 1st couple of days , I had a problem with overheating. But since the update,to 5.1 no problems. I DID install a "phone cooler" app,cooler master by picoo design, haven't had any real problems with slow downs or any such.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Do armadillos scurry away like squirrels?

Not this one. I was about 5-7 feet away from it and he didnt care. In fact he only reacted to me when the concrete got in his way and he started to walk toward me. He got about 2 feet and stopped, got up on his hind legs, put up his front claws then slowly started walking away.
So that was my first close encounter of the Armadillo kind.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I love mine and how it doesn't feel too thin. It ran really smooth on everything too.

derekeh

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
What kind of battery life are you all getting? Like screen on time. I'm considering an m9 and that's really important to me.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I noticed my phone slowing down after the latest T-Mobile update. It turns out I had gotten into the habit of closing my apps as soon as I was done with them, and that seems to have become an issue for whatever reason. Now, I just leave apps open, and my phone seems as smooth as ever
Do you hit the back button until you get back to the home screen or do you just tap the home button and go about your day?

RobertH1

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello All,

I am interested in the one M9 and i am aware of the camera and all of the rumors and allegations out there. But i want to ask those of you who have been using it after the updates how is the heat i know metal phones get hot but I am concerned if there is actual throttling that occurs which impedes performance. I have been searching but most reports are when the phone first came out so i want to see how it is doing this far along. Thank you for any help i am returning my s6 edge and would rather go to the one m9 but my other option is the g4.
I have been using M9 for three months. I have it in a quality leather case. To be honest I don't notice any heat issue as the case shields it.