Phone turned off and won't turn on, why?

A

AC Question

Phone turned off and won't turn on

The strangest thing happened few moments ago, my phone had turned itself off and I wasn't able to turn it back on, until I found some solution on the internet to hold power button + volume up button for some time and it should work. And it worked, I turned my phone back on.

But the question is - why this happened? I had 60% battery life, phone was in idle state on my desk, and I have him for just 3 months. Why on earth he shut himself off and wasn't able to get on after pressing power button? Anyone knew about this thing before?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone turned off and won't turn on

Hi, welcome to the forums! Which phone do you have? Have you recently updated or downloaded any app?

Squickly

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site

Hi, sorry for forgetting to mention that (still shocked this happened), I have HTC One M9. No, I updated to 6.0 a month ago, and haven't downloaded any new apps lately. I run stock android, no custom roms or things like that.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for registering and welcome as a new member :)

There are several reports about HTC devices having some issues after the update. One of them is related to an app called Peel Smart Remote. Just in case, search for this app in your app manager and disable it temporarily.

I'll contact the moderators and see if they can move this thread to the M9 forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch