At&t stinks, can I get different ota's

Danny Trudeau

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
So I want to update my phone to htc stock marshmallow without waiting for att to ruin it with bloatware. I'm wondering if there is a way I can get my phone to receive the same ota updates as the stock unlocked version that one could purchase directly from HTC. I like the convenience of ota updates as they don't wipe your data, I don't want a custom ROM idc about buggy and useless features tossed in, I can have those experiences and issues on my PC. I'm fine with rooting and any other fun stuff as long as I can get ota's directly from htc in the end. Please help :)

Danny Trudeau

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
And I'm aware I can backup my phone and keep all my data when flashing a custom rom, but that is a task for when my phone fails not for when I want to get the newest emojis and bug fixes

Danny Trudeau

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I understand that, I essentially want my att locked phone to update in the same way as a unlocked version directly from HTC, I don't care about loosing all my data once to install a different ROM, but when I want to update that ROM I don't want to have to reinstall the newest version fresh every time

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
There is a thread with detailed guides in xda site for converting your phone into HTC dev edition and get the updates from HTC directly.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non