anyone not jumping to the HTC 10?

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back and forth. My M9 is working fine and except for a crack in the camera lens glass is in pretty good shape. I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow with Sprint but feel like there's not a whole lot I'm missing out on with the 10.

Battery life seems better though i get through the day with my M9.

Fingerprint sensor is a nice feature i guess. I have a Garmin smart watch on all the time so smart lock already keeps my phone unlocked.

Think I'll hold onto my M9 and see how those HTC Nexus phones look 😃

Posted via the underrated M9

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm struggling with this same decision. My M9 is great, but the vibration hasn't worked for quite a while (somewhat of a problem at work) and the camera glass is cracked (but it doesn't seem to affect the few pix I take). I would have to replace several charging stands due to the USB-C change, and my wife's not thrilled with the cost, since I'm not due for an upgrade until next year. Unlike how I previously thought, I now wonder how having a slightly larger screen would be. I can't easily do one-handed operation now, so I'm used to using both hands. I, too, am curious how HTC's Nexus phones will turn out, but I would also like to not miss calls and texts at work without vibration.

First world problems! :D

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I have the M9 as well and I am just waiting for a month or so to get the funds in order to get the phone I think it's worth the upgrade just for the build and the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
OP: "I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow with Sprint but feel like there's not a whole lot I'm missing out on with the 10."

If you're on a contract, the cost of the upgraded phone is built in to your plan charges (except the initial subsidized "price", of course). I would suggest that you upgrade so as to not keep paying for an upgrade you haven't taken.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
OP: "I'm due for an upgrade tomorrow with Sprint but feel like there's not a whole lot I'm missing out on with the 10."

If you're on a contract, the cost of the upgraded phone is built in to your plan charges (except the initial subsidized "price", of course). I would suggest that you upgrade so as to not keep paying for an upgrade you haven't taken.

Guess I didn't think of it that way and it's a fair point. The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 edge + are on sale at Best Buy for 100 and 50. Kind of tempted there as the Gear VR looks pretty neat.

Too many good phones right now!

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm struggling with this same decision. My M9 is great, but the vibration hasn't worked for quite a while (somewhat of a problem at work) and the camera glass is cracked (but it doesn't seem to affect the few pix I take). I would have to replace several charging stands due to the USB-C change, and my wife's not thrilled with the cost, since I'm not due for an upgrade until next year. Unlike how I previously thought, I now wonder how having a slightly larger screen would be. I can't easily do one-handed operation now, so I'm used to using both hands. I, too, am curious how HTC's Nexus phones will turn out, but I would also like to not miss calls and texts at work without vibration.

First world problems! :D

In the long run you're always better to wait as the price goes down dramatically after a month or two but the price of the 10 is pretty head scratching. At this point you could probably get an S7 for 99 (or a cheaper lease price) at most retailers and I don't think there's enough of a reason to buy the 10 over the S7 to warrant the extra cost.

I'm guessing the 10's price will drop pretty quickly once they aren't flying off the shelves after a month.

ColoradoSteve

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for the H10 to drop some so the price of M9s will go down to.

At that point, I'll but 1 or 2 more M9s for the family.

This phone does all that I need. I can't see the upgrade being worth it at this point.

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I will stay with my M9. Maybe in a year from now I will look to buy an as new unwanted upgrade HTC 10 at a good price. My only reservation is they went once more with the stupid side-mounted power key.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I will stay with my M9. Maybe in a year from now I will look to buy an as new unwanted upgrade HTC 10 at a good price. My only reservation is they went once more with the stupid side-mounted power key.

Where else should they put it? Plus you can just double tap on the screen to turn it in

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, the top mounted key was the ideal place as the M8 proved - so much so that when I go back to my M8 it feels like an upgrade with its superior usability. The side key on the M9 is in the exact spot your fingers naturally go to when you pick up the phone so accidental presses are a constant hassle, and also when in a pocket it is much more prone to getting knocked to the point where I have to place it in the perfect spot in an upper pocket where it is less likely to get caught. The side key is also too close to the volume down key.

I never use the double tap gestures as I have discovered this is also likely to get the phone coming on when in a pocket.

TriBeard92

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. The side key, at least on my unit, it stiff enough that I don't "accidentally" press it, and I thought the top button on the M8 was terrible. On the m7 it was ok because the phone wasn't as tall, but the m8 just made it uncomfortable to use.

That said, with the 10 I think I only use the power button to turn it off. Otherwise, just the FP sensor.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

All phones for the past 2 years have had side mounted power keys the M9 has a side mounted power key. Phones are too large to have power keys at the top.

Adam81er

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Where else should they put it? Plus you can just double tap on the screen to turn it in

I haven't been able to configure my double tap to wake, have had this unlocked m9 2 months and that's the only thing that I have had trouble with. Any thoughts/suggestions. It is turned on and I've followed the instructions in settings>display and gestures>motion launch to no avail

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member