HTC One M9 battery drain after latest software update

idiosynchrissy

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
The last update went through on 08/31, I believe. Ever since then, the phone battery drains constantly. Even if I'm not using it and the screen is off, I see the battery going down. I'm home on wifi, and if I'm on for ten minutes, I lose a good 10%.

The battery status shows the O/S is using the most battery when the screen is off.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there anything I can do?

software version: 3.41.651.13

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The last update went through on 08/31, I believe. Ever since then, the phone battery drains constantly. Even if I'm not using it and the screen is off, I see the battery going down. I'm home on wifi, and if I'm on for ten minutes, I lose a good 10%.

The battery status shows the O/S is using the most battery when the screen is off.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there anything I can do?

software version: 3.41.651.13
What carrier are you using? I'm on sprint and cleared cache yesterday and my battery life still worse than before this security update.

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Try resetting phone into safe mode, to see if one of your apps is not agreeing with the update. Hold power down for a few seconds, then tap & hold power off for a few seconds, til dialog box opens then tap OK to restart in safe mode. To revert, just power down, then restart again.

It's also possible it may take a little time for your device to adjust.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try resetting phone into safe mode, to see if one of your apps is not agreeing with the update. Hold power down for a few seconds, then tap & hold power off for a few seconds, til dialog box opens then tap OK to restart in safe mode. To revert, just power down, then restart again.

It's also possible it may take a little time for your device to adjust.
Will the icons from my apps disappear from my homescreen even after I restart out of safe mode?

joshandroid3

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm having this problem on Verizon. Tonight it went from 100% to 12% over 3 hours with nearly zero screen time. Power settings sheds no light on the problem. My phone is essentially unusable now, especially since I'm on vacation and away from power for more than 8 hours at a time. I've wiped cache several times with no improvement, and possibly an actual worsening of the drain after wipes!

My only option is to try safe mode tomorrow... I'll report back. It will be difficult without my apps, but hopefully I can at least use my phone to communicate if needed (as opposed to a leg warmer)!

oneeyecarpenter

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but I did not get a notification of your reply. How is your device now, after a week of use ? Oh, I figured out how to subscribe to this thread. Been awhile since I've visited the forums in app.

I did read that some update to play services was causing a battery drain for some small group of users. But, that should be fixed by now.

joshandroid3

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Sorry, but I did not get a notification of your reply. How is your device now, after a week of use ? Oh, I figured out how to subscribe to this thread. Been awhile since I've visited the forums in app.

I did read that some update to play services was causing a battery drain for some small group of users. But, that should be fixed by now.

Safe mode works, with battery as expected. Only problem is the apps I use aren't there. Guess I've got to troubleshoot and figure out what the battery drain is. At least I have a phone while on vacation.

I'll trouble shoot next week when home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacoxixon