Cannot change notification sound in Calendar. HTC M9

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I cannot get the notification sound to change in my calendar. It is stuck on default sound (Dahila)
I cannot even find that sound in the list of notification sounds. I was going to try to delete it and see if I could change it then.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes it is, but each sound I click, it does not change the sound. It stays on the default.
I'm thinking if I could find the default sound, I could delete it and maybe then it would allow me to change it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does this only happen with custom tones, or also with preinstalled tones? If the former, then are those custom tones saved on your SD card or Internal Storage?

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Evidently, this is a preinstalled tone and I cannot change it at all. When I click to change the tone, whichever one I click, it stays on the default tone.
Where would the default, preinstalled, tones be located?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The preinstalled tones are stored in a protected system directory that you can't access on an unrooted phone. Are you saying that you can't even change the tone to one of the other preinstalled tones?

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Correct. I cannot change it to ANY tones at all.
When I click to change the ringtone, the only files that come up are my installed tones/alarms/notifications.
I had one of these as the tone before but I had to have my phone rest this weekend and now it cannot be changed.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
That is what got me in this jam.
I was not going to reset my whole phone because of a calendar issue.
For some strange reason, it now works on my selected alarm, but it still says that the default tone is selected. That is fine with me as long as my selected tone plays.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, do you mean that all of this started after a cache partition wipe? Glad it sorta seems to be working, BTW.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Well my phone was frozen. I brought it to a Sprint store and she said that there were too many background apps running. I have had this phone since the M9 came out and never had that issue. Very odd. Well she did a few things and handed it back to me. I had to re do everything on the phone as far as settings, desktop, etc. All contacts were lost briefly as well. So, yeah after they messed with it. But it's working so I am happy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I'm not sure what they might have done. If it freezes again, you can always try forcing a shutdown by pressing and holding Power for 10-15 seconds. Then wait a few seconds, and power on again normally.

There can't be too many background apps running, because the system should be regulating how full RAM is. It could be that some app was malfunctioning and becoming a memory hog. If this happens again, try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problems persist.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I rebooted several times as well as turned it off several times during the freeze issue.
I kept getting a HTC Sense has stopped error.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So she might have wiped the cache partition. It didn't look like it had been completely factory reset, right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
She might have gone to the Settings>Apps menu and Cleared Data from things like Settings and the Sense launcher. That would require you to set things back up again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac