HTC One Max

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
@Evleaks tweeted the Max is Sprint bound-didn't say when but hopefully soon. Anyone want to start a petition to get a Google Play Edition?

I did not even think about that but damn I would defiantly love to have a. HTC One Max Google Play Edition.

HTC One Max GPE
2 Day Battery Life
Beloved HTC One design
Then to have stock android on the Max to feel my Nexus smartphone void.

Though things would get complicated if the Max had stylus and similar features that Galaxy Note series has. Stock android may render the stylus useless which may be reason why might not see a GPE of a Phablet.

Regardless I wouldn't care because reason want phablet is for battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't want it to come with a stylus. I don't use it on my Note and I wouldn't on the Max. Even if they did include the stylus/special software, the could add those features onto stock Android, like the Beats audio with the One and the flip cover for the GS4. We'll see soon enough I guess.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Is their any more OEM or Mobile Carrier press events left for this year?
HTC needs announce the One Max sooner than later unless the One Max is not until early next year.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they meant as an exclusive, just to confirm it would be coming to Sprint. I imagine it'll be like the One's release with AT&T, T-Mobile and Sprint releasing theirs around the same time and Verizon coming later.

If there's no Google Play option, I'll go with the Developer Edition (assuming it has 64gb and is unlocked)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
http://m.technobuffalo.com/2013/09/12/htc-one-max-branding-leaked/
BT-PrDMCYAAP95y.png:large

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Nexus 5 or One max so far the max because size battery. Both devices look great and I love look of the rumored Nexus 5 but I need phone with excellent battery life. I am not very optimistic about 2300mah vs a 3000mah battery.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I did not even think about that but damn I would defiantly love to have a. HTC One Max Google Play Edition.

HTC One Max GPE
2 Day Battery Life
Beloved HTC One design
Then to have stock android on the Max to feel my Nexus smartphone void.

Though things would get complicated if the Max had stylus and similar features that Galaxy Note series has. Stock android may render the stylus useless which may be reason why might not see a GPE of a Phablet.

Regardless I wouldn't care because reason want phablet is for battery life.

Those features would be sweet. A 13 mp camera would be nice too. Seems like HTC is all in with the ultra pixel cam though

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
htc-one-max-8088-6-303x540.jpg

The finger print scanner is looking to be a blemish on such a beautifully designed device. A matching accent like whats around camera would help improve the look of sensor. Ultimately I hope the Max comes in all white or black with finger printer scanner in matching color so it is far less noticeable. Until now haven't even imaged what all white One Mac would look like but I would definitely go for a all black.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Those features would be sweet. A 13 mp camera would be nice too. Seems like HTC is all in with the ultra pixel cam though
That would have been nice but I would just like 8 ultra pixel camera. I like the idea of ultra pixel camera though I have to admit I do not use the camera function on phones that much.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it is nice feature to quickly unlock your device which feature I probably love a lot if the feature works very quickly.

Yeah I agree it is awesome for that too. I just mean all the people that think its dumb or don't see the point of it are the ones that are cool with a pin entry. I like quick access so I sacrifice not using a password to gain quick access. I'm like a vigilante about watching my phone though lol

cnotes2019

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone think it won't use a 800 chip because of the demand for that chip by other OEMs?? If it uses a s4 pro no thanks. If it uses a 600 maybe.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone think it won't use a 800 chip because of the demand for that chip by other OEMs?? If it uses a s4 pro no thanks. If it uses a 600 maybe.

I could see them using a 600 because of cost. I actually would not mind as cost reflected a $100 price drop off of the full retail price. The One Max will perform just as well as HTC One which the One is still benchmark of performance.

HTC One Max overall is looking like a larger HTC One which has pros and cons.

Pro: Continuing a successuful beautiful and highly recognizable design with great ergonomics.

Cons: A large device would mean bump in specs all around which HTC is not doing. The camera,ram and even the processor may be same HTC One may be detrimental to it's success.

Example one would be more likely to upgrade from HTC One or S4 to Note 3.(Just looking at specs alone) Though one would find harder to upgrade from HTC One to S4 to Max. (Specs regardless if it has 600 or 800)

In the end this all does account for preface. On marketing perspective I believe you have more success marketing device that better (or bigger) all round in spec then trying market old device as new but bigger. This is especially true if you are marketing old but bigger when competition is promoting new,bigger and better. (Speaking of marketing between Samsung and HTC)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez