Bricked my phone while trying to Flash

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
...This is the only thing i miss about not having a sd card. I flashed my og evo time and time again, got stuck with faulty roms, downloaded alternate ones, loaded them on the sd and re flashed to safety.

If you could only get into recovery to check for a nandroid backup...or if you could access your files while connected than you could load another rom to flash...

Sorry i skimmed the threads but at this point do you know what recovery you have? Twerp or CM?

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
They are all factory unlocked as far as global use. Is he insinuating that it is the developer edition, aka, it was s-off, and bootloader unlocked from the factory?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

That's what I gather. I can't get a hold of the moron though. Think he's avoiding me on purpose

Is there a way I can reflash my phone now that I'm on the HTC Screen? I can't get to the bootloader though.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
...This is the only thing i miss about not having a sd card. I flashed my og evo time and time again, got stuck with faulty roms, downloaded alternate ones, loaded them on the sd and re flashed to safety.

If you could only get into recovery to check for a nandroid backup...or if you could access your files while connected than you could load another rom to flash...

Sorry i skimmed the threads but at this point do you know what recovery you have? Twerp or CM?

CM!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Did you power off or did it finish the flash?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator
Device: Droid DNA unlocked, s-off, rooted, running Hatka Supreme Sense 5.0, Android 4.1.2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So right now when you try and boot you're stuck on the boot screen. What about when you try to boot into recovery? How far do you get?

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you power off or did it finish the flash?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

No the flash didn't complete. It was still stuck on 30% and then I did the adb reboot bootloader. I can't get into the bootloader now though.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No the flash didn't complete. It was still stuck on 30% and then I did the adb reboot bootloader. I can't get into the bootloader now though.

Hm, can you get back into recovery?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
So right now when you try and boot you're stuck on the boot screen. What about when you try to boot into recovery? How far do you get?

I can't boot into recovery. It goes directly into HTC One splash screen. I tried holding downt he volume button. No dice! :(

Need help big time! Running out of cards in my deck

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmm Even if you didn't load your rom (that you were trying to) correctly you should still be able to boot into recovery.

When holding down power and volume down do you continue to do so all the way thru the boot attempt? When i boot into recovery i hold power and volume down all the way from off thru the load up and htc one screen. My first time it took several times to get into the bootloader because i didnt hold long enough

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Getting into the bootloader was kind of tricky to begin with on his phone, not sure why, but I suspect it had something to do with fastboot

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Getting into the bootloader was kind of tricky to begin with on his phone, not sure why, but I suspect it had something to do with fastboot

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Well that's not helping things

joshyth

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Try to turn the phone off by holding the power for about 30 second, and then boot it up again holding both power and vol down at the same time. Make sure to keep the phone in bright light source or it won't turn on sometime. Let me know if this let you boot into the bootloader.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
Try to turn the phone off by holding the power for about 30 second, and then boot it up again holding both power and vol down at the same time. Make sure to keep the phone in bright light source or it won't turn on sometime. Let me know if this let you boot into the bootloader.

Someone asked me to do that on XDA forums, and I tried that, didnt' work. No other help from xda forums though :(

I put it under my bright lamp

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
What does the adb reboot bootloader command give you?

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Any more advice? I'm stuck

Well recovery is where all the magic happens so as of now i'm stuck. Thats the first thing that needs to be figured out how to access recovery. I dont think you're dead in the water yet but it might not be figured tonight. Sorry for your current predicament.

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Well recovery is where all the magic happens so as of now i'm stuck. Thats the first thing that needs to be figured out how to access recovery. I dont think you're dead in the water yet but it might not be figured tonight. Sorry for your current predicament.

Was hunting through threads on xda forums, found somethin that pointed me to this:
All-in-One Toolkit for the HTC One – xda-developers

via : [Q] I bricked my HTC one - xda-developers

You think I should give it a go?

PoRco1x

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Jennifer Stough
Forums Moderator

Nothing, phone just restarts.

I have a quick question. Would the bootloader show up if the bootloader was NOT unlocked?

I ask this becasue as a last resort I'm gonna try going to HTC

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty