Soft bricked my HTC One M7 and need to mount internal storage. Please help!!

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One M7 (Sprint variant) bootloops but I still have TWRP working on it. I tried to return my phone to stock by flashing the ruu after I watched Joshdew's Youtube video on how to return to stock on the HTC One. He had S-on still and it worked for him so I tried it with my bootloader relocked and s-on. The ruu did not work the first time so I tried it again but that still didn't work. My OS was wiped along with everything else besides TWRP and the CyanogenMod bootloop. After I realized I wiped my backup on the phone I unlocked the bootloader again and tried to get a custom rom (Cyanogenmod) back onto it. I finally figured out how to get it on there via adb push in recovery but when I tried to flash it failed saying it could not mount data or internal storage. I have an USB on the go cable on the way but I feel that this might not work as well. I am trying to mount the sd card and internal storage through adb shell but I'm scared of making maters even worse. I plugged my phone into my computer and rebooted into TWRP, I ran adb shell but got this as the response "~ # ←[6n" (without the parentheses). I have not been able to find this anywhere online and was expecting either a simple "#" or "$" to show up. I think I will wait for the OTG cable to arrive and try to flash from a usb stick, I heard that you can take your phone into Sprint and they won't care about software just physical damage, meaning they can either wipe my phone and try to return to stock or will exchange it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really need a phone right now for work. Thanks in advance.

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
It seems you may not have root anymore. You also don't have a system so that's an issue. I would just wait for the cable. Make sure to wipe everything and make sure it is rooted (if not root it again). Then, install whatever rom you were going to.

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
It seems you may not have root anymore. You also don't have a system so that's an issue. I would just wait for the cable. Make sure to wipe everything and make sure it is rooted (if not root it again). Then, install whatever rom you were going to.

How do you root it if you can't boot into the system? I can push the superuser file over but I'm sure that when I try to flash it it will probably not be able to mount the internal storage. Thank you for responding, I just want to fix it but I don't want to make it any worse than what it is right now. And when I wiped it again after failing to flash the rom it wiped it but was unable to update the data/internal storage partitions. I hope this can be recovered, I might try to run the ruu again but I think I need to turn s-off which I don't think I can do in this state. I was going to run the ruu again after I saw on a forum someone with my same situation but when I enter adb shell it gives me a weird line. I couldn't do the echo command because the search failed. I don't know why the ruu didn't work for me, I really should have made a nandroid backup to my pc but forgot to.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
How do you root it if you can't boot into the system? I can push the superuser file over but I'm sure that when I try to flash it it will probably not be able to mount the internal storage. Thank you for responding, I just want to fix it but I don't want to make it any worse than what it is right now. And when I wiped it again after failing to flash the rom it wiped it but was unable to update the data/internal storage partitions. I hope this can be recovered, I might try to run the ruu again but I think I need to turn s-off which I don't think I can do in this state. I was going to run the ruu again after I saw on a forum someone with my same situation but when I enter adb shell it gives me a weird line. I couldn't do the echo command because the search failed. I don't know why the ruu didn't work for me, I really should have made a nandroid backup to my pc but forgot to.

Look here...[HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers
Flash a rom and you should be good to go

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

I have already tried to do adb sideload but get errors and now when I try to do it again my phone won't even turn on. I powered it down and came back to it about 3 hours later, now it won't turn on or the red light won't even blink when I plug it in to my outlet. I don't understand how it is actually bricked when I haven't done anything to it, it's not the first time that I've powered it down after encountering the bootloop. I could use some help here, as I can't even access my phone anymore when I tried to see if adb will detect my phone. Thank you for the input, I was going to follow it but now I can't even turn on my phone. I have left it on the charger for the night to see if maybe the battery could still charge without the red light on. Hopefully I can somehow fix it or get it replaced. I might try the Sprint store tomorrow and see how much a replacement will set me back, I just literally renewed my 2 year contract as well.

cris555

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me a day ago. All you have to do is

1. relock then unlock bootloader.
2. install the latest version of twrp.
3. when you are already in twrp, mount the OTG usb containing the rom (don't touch other mounts).
4. find the rom and flash it directly from the usb (don't copy the rom in internal sd).

I hope this helps :)

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site

Don't take this as the instructions to fix it, but here's what I would do. When the cable comes in I would make sure to put supersu on the flash drive, the ROM and gapps if necessary. Then, if the device didn't have root, I would attempt to install supersu (which may not work because you don't have a system, but it's worth a shot). If it is rooted, I would go into wipe and perform a FULL DATA WIPE. This usually solves most of my issues when it can't flash. Then, I would attempt to install the ROM. That's just what I would do. I'm sure you're going to run into errors because your phone is in a pretty bad state at the moment

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
This happened to me a day ago. All you have to do is

1. relock then unlock bootloader.
2. install the latest version of twrp.
3. when you are already in twrp, mount the OTG usb containing the rom (don't touch other mounts).
4. find the rom and flash it directly from the usb (don't copy the rom in internal sd).

I hope this helps :)

Thanks guys, I was going to try this since my cable is coming in tomorrow but now my phone won't even turn on or charge. I'm out of options here so I'm going to try to get it replaced at the Sprint store. I don't know how it hard brikced since I didn't do anything to it at all, I really don't know why it got hard bricked. But thanks for all your input and help, I'll let y'all know how it pans out!!

atondo89

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I'm havin the same issue I'm rooted with nothing in my storage so basically I can't do anything and I mean nothing in my storage please help or I'm gonna have to break it and just claim insurance on it thanks

LeFreemason

Oct 18, 2013
plus.google.com
I'm havin the same issue I'm rooted with nothing in my storage so basically I can't do anything and I mean nothing in my storage please help or I'm gonna have to break it and just claim insurance on it thanks

Just use ADB SIDELOAD to flash a new rom by connecting your One to your computer. Or buy a USB OTG and sideload via that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Deron Buske

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
hey man i am having a similar issue with my htc one, i went to root it following the instructions off of a youtube video, everything went fine, until i wiped my phone COMPLETELY and the rom would not install, i am s-on TWRP v2.6.3, when my phone turns on it loads me right to recovery, i have no OS. i cannot adb sideload because my device will not show up on my computer, the only time it will show up is when im in fastboot usb. i tried flashing an ruu, but that would not work because i am s-on, and i can't setup any roms through my sd card, because my device will not show up. my info on my phone-
m7_ul pvt ship s-on rh
hboot-1.55
the phone is through telus. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY VERY MUCH APPRECIATED. thanks :)

Wild Child

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Just to get a rom back on the phone you can do this.... copy rom you want to flash to phone to your adb location...boot phone into recovery....open a command prompt and cd into your adb folder and run this command adb push nameofyourrom.zip /sdcard/. Wait until it finishes transferring it to the phone...once finished do your wipes as usual, reflash the rom....

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this thread is still going? It's been a while but I'm back, was super busy because of school but I'd like to thank everyone for helping me out when I decided to be dumb and wipe everything off of my phone. I ended up going to the Sprint store here in Austin and got a free replacement phone. But the catch was that I was on the last day to sign up for the total equipment protection plan, so I signed up for it and now pay $11 a month but they were able to give me a new phone for free, with my second replacement costing $150.
I don't think Sprint really cares about software or rooting, just mostly about cosmetic and physical damage. So this means that you should try to keep your phone in almost brand new condition, otherwise they might think that you "dropped it wrong". Also, water damage is a big deal so no showering with your phone they told me. When I went there, I acted dumb and said that I didn't know why it wasn't turning on or why it wouldn't charge and didn't mention anything about rooting. Only one of the employees asked me if I rooted it and I said I had no clue what that is. Then one of the workers there sticked scissors into the charging port of my One and was looking if the port was bent, lol. Then I was patient and polite and they acted very generously. I had to wait about a week for them to get the replacement in. I recommend to anyone trying to root their device to try to unlock and root within the "trial" period, the number of days that you have to return the phone for a full refund if you don't like it or find defects. I lucked out because the One is not serviceable and they couldn't get it to turn on.

I never did root my replacement phone but now I want to, I should have done it when I first got it(a good general rule of thumb). But I finally got the KitKat update and I like the stock rom, I just want root for certain apps and functions, I was just wondering how I should root my phone since I don't see anything on rooting the 4.4.2 One, just 4.2 and 4.3. I think it should be the same process, I have to get a new unlock token and then use the current version of superuser and maybe update my drivers. I saw JoshDew do it to his but he didn't go over the details and he was S-off. Speaking of S-off, those of you who come here trying to unbrick after wiping their system should NEVER use an ruu. I tried but was s-on. I think you have to be s-off in order for that to work, plus there is no official ruu from HTC, only versions found on XDA at the moment. I don't think you could even obtain S-off anymore on the One because HTC update the bootloader or something... But I would like to know if rooting the 4.4.2 Sprint HTC One M7 would entail a different procedure. For those that don't know the Sprint One's code name is M7 wls.

The link to JoshDew's video on Youtube: How To Update your Sprint HTC One to Android 4.4.2 KitKat Sense 5.5 (Install and First Look!) - YouTube

BenHook

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Silly me, JoshDew did put up another video explaining that the KitKat One can be rooted and explains how to do it in the description. I suggest checking his channel out, he has some very helpful content and seems to reply to questions quickly. I'll update everyone after I root.

leighton2303

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
hey all i know nothing about bricking, rooting, sideloading or nothing just bought a second hand htc one m7ul from ebay phone cam back great but the issue i had was it did not allow me to sign in to play store to install my apps contacted the guy he told me to go into settings via power off and hold vol button down and said to clear dalvik cache done that still no joy so retried and i cleared the os and i can only go into twrp, i have tryed connecting phone to pc but not recognising the phone i have installed adb, sdk but i have not got a clue been at this for three days watching loads of you tube videos but at no avail any help please only want a phone for texting lol
cheers
leighton

ricky1992

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I think maybe you should flash RUU to repair your device
I have the problem, my phone can't mount data or wipe data, when I do that my phone restart
I am using htc htl21, now i am trying to find ruu for my device..

rpmcc

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hey All, I know this is somewhat dated however I wanted to continue in case anyone was at this point and contemplating trashing their device thinking it is FUBAR...

Problem: The device will not respond to force restart.

Fix:

1. Wait for the battery to drain, causing the device to power off.
2. Power the device.
3. re-peat process to start in system recovery <power button> + <volume down>

Now, time to s-off on a soft bricked device: http://androidforums.com/desire-all...ary-adb-shell-gives-error-device-offline.html

hope this helps. FYI - I am currently waiting for my phone to drain so I can attempt to re s-off now that I have no rom installed and just TWRP.