Bought a HTC One rooted...Help?

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
hi guys and girls, just after some advice please!

I swapped my Nexus 5 for a HTC One yesterday, after we agreed to swap, the guy told me the phone is rooted, i wanted the phone so i just said yeah no probs.

Anyway, i now have a HTC One running Android 4.4, HTC Sense 5.5 and baadnewz's InsertCoin 7.0-6.

I'm not really into the rooting game, i just use the phone as it comes, but i just want to know a few things:

Ive tried to unroot the phone and i can't seem to do it after following several guides on Google and YouTube....
Will it do any harm in just leaving it as it is and using the phone as usual?
also,
Is this baadnewz's InsertCoin 7.0-6 a good/safe root?
and,
Would i be a fool to have a rooted phone and not use it to my advantage?

Just debating wether to leave it or take it to a repair shop and have them unroot it.

Thanks in advance!

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't tell you if the ROM that's on there is "good" or not.

What I can tell you that if you're "rooted" you have access to every file and every folder on your phone - including the OS. Be aware that some apps will ask for superuser permission (this is part of having root access) and you should be aware exactly of what they are accessing and what they're doing.

This isn't meant to scare you (and if you already knew this stuff, I apologize). Just so you're aware. Most people I know in advance and seek to root their phone for the added accessibility and functionality it can unlock. I don't think I've heard of your situation - purchasing a rooted phone and wanting to unroot it.

Anyway, if you're up for a bit of a challenge (depending on your level of expertise and knowledge of computers and Android OS) I'm sure someone would be willing to point you toward a good step-by-step guide to unroot your phone. It would save you the cost and inconvenience of taking it to a repair shop and waiting until they are finished. That's up to you, but I'm just trying to give you options.

Personally if you're not going to take advantage of a rooted device, you would be safer to have it unrooted and returned to 100% stock. Just an opinion.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
baddnewz is one good Dev and you have no worry's using his work
in-fact our BadBoyz team uses his base for our BadBoyz rom. and as far as being rooted it wont hurt a thing. If you would like to return to stock give me a PM and i;ll give you a hand

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't tell you if the ROM that's on there is "good" or not.

What I can tell you that if you're "rooted" you have access to every file and every folder on your phone - including the OS. Be aware that some apps will ask for superuser permission (this is part of having root access) and you should be aware exactly of what they are accessing and what they're doing.

This isn't meant to scare you (and if you already knew this stuff, I apologize). Just so you're aware. Most people I know in advance and seek to root their phone for the added accessibility and functionality it can unlock. I don't think I've heard of your situation - purchasing a rooted phone and wanting to unroot it.

Anyway, if you're up for a bit of a challenge (depending on your level of expertise and knowledge of computers and Android OS) I'm sure someone would be willing to point you toward a good step-by-step guide to unroot your phone. It would save you the cost and inconvenience of taking it to a repair shop and waiting until they are finished. That's up to you, but I'm just trying to give you options.

Personally if you're not going to take advantage of a rooted device, you would be safer to have it unrooted and returned to 100% stock. Just an opinion.

Thanks for that!

I think i need to do some research and find out if there is anything that i would use that being rooted is giving me access to.

Due to trying to take the root off, ive 'relocked' the phone from being 'unlocked' as it was apparently one of the steps needed. Is that going to cause a problem?

I also used an unroot app that deleted superuser, and now when i use Root Info app it says my phone has no root access (where as it did before). Is my phone now unrooted?
It just stills says under Software Type im running Baadnewz InsertCoin still.

Posted via Android Central App

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
baddnewz is one good Dev and you have no worry's using his work
in-fact our BadBoyz team uses his base for our BadBoyz rom. and as far as being rooted it wont hurt a thing. If you would like to return to stock give me a PM and i;ll give you a hand

Thanks for that extra info, i tried to dual quote in my reply but i couldnt on my phone.
Could you read my above reply and see if anything i said is correct/okay?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
From my understanding if you want to go back to factory stock, you'll have to unlock again, flash the factory stock image to your device (which will wipe everything), and then relock after. I've only worked with Nexus devices when it comes to rooting and flashing and they are very easy to work with. Your One may be more difficult.

If Benny is willing to help you, that would be your best bet. It sounds like he really knows his stuff when it comes to this specific device. Good luck! Hope it all goes smooth for you!

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
From my understanding if you want to go back to factory stock, you'll have to unlock again, flash the factory stock image to your device (which will wipe everything), and then relock after. I've only worked with Nexus devices when it comes to rooting and flashing and they are very easy to work with. Your One may be more difficult.

If Benny is willing to help you, that would be your best bet. It sounds like he really knows his stuff when it comes to this specific device. Good luck! Hope it all goes smooth for you!

Much appreciated and thanks for your time!

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue